Staff Engineer - Quality
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Staff Engineer of a newly formed team of Engineers to build the future at GPC. Working as a part of a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build quality into the technology we have running one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
As a Quality Engineer, you will champion tools, frameworks, and ways to build quality into software. You will work with software engineers, product managers, and UX. In defining the Quality Tools technology roadmap, you will need the ability to collaborate and work effectively with all levels of management and staff within the organization.
Additional leadership responsibilities include interviewing, training employees, planning, assigning, and reviewing the work of other technical team members, as well as timely communication to leadership regarding the quality and performance of team members.
- Understand the as-is Supply Chain portfolio landscape to lead the building and support of end-to-end automation of Supply Chain Technology
- Define the vision and requirements for the Software Quality Engineering solutions, recommending potential options, selecting the most optimal option, and the developing a roadmap for the selected solutions.
- Initiate both group and one-on-one meetings with other members of leadership to gain a clear understanding of expected outcomes and KPIs
- Lead design and architecture discussions for Software Quality Engineering solutions with other staff engineers, engineering teams across different business units to ensure secure and scalable solutions.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Defining Data Architecture, standards, industry best practices and communicating across engineering teams to ensure adoption and governance
- Design and document conceptual/logical data models, data flows and source to target mappings.
- For the Product domain, maintain overall data models, lineage, data dictionary, glossary etc. by using enterprise tools to be consistent across all other data domains and products
- Lead architecture, design, and code reviews with engineering teams
- Provides oversight on delivery to ensure industry best practices, standards, automation, quality, timeliness, operational readiness, continuous improvement, and cost-effective solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to lead engineers and the technical team.
- Lead the Team with solutions around Performance tuning and optimizing data processing/consumption workloads.
- Coordinate with business and analytics needs to identify future requirements and solutions.
- Other duties as assigned
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 8+ years’ experience in software engineering and test automation
- 4 – 5 years of experience in Software Automation along with the associated tools, frameworks, and infrastructures.
- Practical understanding of TDD, unit testing, risk management, and an ability to write code to use various tools and frameworks in the industry
- Good knowledge and prior experience in development of other automation tools would be an advantage.
- Hands-on experience in designing various automation frameworks like hybrid, data-driven, keyword-driven, etc.
- Experience identifying and building repeatable regression test suites
- Proven technical leadership and skills in creating, leading, and implementing engineering solutions for large enterprise scale applications
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Technically creative and open-minded
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields
- Exceptional communication skills in written and verbal English.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs