Staff Engineer – Product Integrations & Reporting/Analytics
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity, and innovation. After all, building on our legacy will depend on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Staff Engineer of a newly formed team of Engineers to build the next generation commerce platforms at GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
The role will focus on designing and delivering high quality Product Data Integration Solutions, both as a leader of a multidisciplinary architecture team and as an individual contributor. This Staff Engineer will be responsible for delivering and implementing solution designs and documentation that conform to product data integration best practices and satisfy business and technical requirements in a cost-effective manner.
This role will work closely with Lead Engineers, Engineers, Product Owner and Scrum Master to deliver solutions that meet business requirements, adhere to defined technology standards and align with the business and technology roadmap/strategy. The ability to collaborate and work effectively with all levels of management and staff within the organization is a core competency.
Additional leadership and supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, training employees, planning, assigning, and reviewing the work of technical team members and timely communication to management regarding the quality and performance of team members.
- Understand the AS-IS Product Domain Landscape and lead the development and build of Product Data Integration & Reporting/Analytics solutions to support the unified commerce systems
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Initiate both group and one-on-one meetings with senior management to gain a clear understanding of business drivers and functional requirements
- Lead design and architecture discussions for IT platforms engaging with other staff engineers, engineering teams across different business units to ensure secure and scalable solutions.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Defining Data Architecture, standards, industry best practices and communicating across engineering teams to ensure adoption and governance
- Design and document conceptual/logical data models, data flows and source to target mappings.
- For the Product domain, maintain overall data models, lineage, data dictionary, glossary etc. by using enterprise tools to be consistent across all other data domains and products
- Lead architecture, design, and code reviews with engineering teams
- Provides oversight on delivery to ensure industry best practices, standards, automation, quality, timeliness, operational readiness, continuous improvement, and cost-effective solutions.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to lead engineers and the technical team.
- Lead the Team with solutions around Performance tuning and optimizing data processing/consumption workloads.
- Coordinate with business and analytics needs to identify future requirements and solutions.
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 10+ years’ experience in software engineering & technology (5+ years in data architecture/integration design and development)
- Proven technical leadership and skills in creating, leading and implementing Data Integration & Reporting Solutions for large enterprise scale applications
- Experience with Enterprise Data Strategy, Data Integrations, Data Architecture, Data Reporting/Analytics.
- Working knowledge of various types of database management systems and approaches to solve OLTP and OLAP workloads (including but not limited to traditional RDBMS systems, NoSQL, BigData and modern cloud native data warehousing solutions)
- Extensive knowledge around various data integration patterns against databases (inbound and outbound) to solve for real-time, and batch workloads
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like PowerBI.
- Experience with Data Lake & Integration platforms, particularly SaaS solutions like Snowflake or Google BigQuery is a plus.
- Experience in AI/ML, data science and statistical/machine is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Technically creative and open-minded
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area