Staff Engineer – IAM Frameworks
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and China.
Seeking a Staff Engineer - IAM Frameworks who will be a vital member of the information security team and is accountable for the development of all identity and access management controls at Genuine Parts Company. The IAM program is centered on internal infrastructure systems and applications, Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) applications. The Staff Engineer -IAM Frameworks will ensure that identity and access management controls are effective and will take the lead in defining and implementing control improvements that reduce risks and increase efficiency. The Staff Engineer - IAM Frameworks partners with business and technology stakeholders in establishing high performance project teams and providing overall management on projects from initiation through production deployment.
- Works at an advanced level of technical expertise to design, implement, and support complex IAM solutions for the organization and its customers
- This entails collaborating with business customers to grasp their requirements, developing and putting into practice IAM solutions to meet those requirements, and aiding in the deployment and operation of IAM solutions
- Creates, puts into practice, and maintains intricate IAM solutions that meet the business and security demands of the organization and its clients.
- Introduces the team strategies to the foundation of other service/application teams.
- Provides guidance on how proposed or necessary changes, especially in software, performance, maintenance, and cost, will impact the organization and make recommendations to management with an impact assessment.
- Translates technical security specifications or needs to business requirements
- Serves as the highest level of technical escalation for design, implementation, and operational support
- Oversees the design and documentation of the Identity and Access Management platform architecture and roadmap, defining and executing identity and access strategies as part of an architecture that relies on zero-trust.
- Determines the requirements for identity-related business system implementation projects.
- Analyzes and manages IAM architectural issues affecting various platforms, applications, and systems to plan and solve problem resolution in accordance with standardized processes
- Identifies any deficiencies in technology solutions and collaborates with technical teams to fix them
- Leads design and documentation of Identity & Access Management platform architecture and roadmap, defining and delivering Identity and Access strategies as part of a zero-trust architecture
- Oversees the design, definition, and implementation of security best practices and cybersecurity and digital risk standards and policies to ensure they are understood by development teams.
- Leads the design, definition, and implementation of security best practices and Cybersecurity and Digital Risk standards and policies to ensure development teams understand them
- Participates in capacity planning, performance testing, and disaster recovery discussions to ensure a performant, scalable, highly available, and resilient IAM platform
- Engages in capacity planning, performance testing, and disaster recovery discussions to guarantee a performant, scalable, highly available, and resilient IAM system.
- Other duties as assigned
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work a hybrid remote schedule.
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in IAM Access Management delivery
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive work experience and have demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines, technologies, or processes related to the position.
- Having a strong background in IAM products and solutions, including SailPoint, Workforce SailPoint IGA Tools, CIAM, Directory Services, Access Management solutions, Privileged Access Management, Cloud IAM services, and Microsoft Azure Active Directory is required.
- The ideal candidate for this senior-level position should possess a thorough understanding of IAM concepts and technologies, as well as experience in designing, implementing, and supporting complex IAM solutions.
- The delivery landscape includes Agile Applications Development, Support, and Deployment, and candidates must be flexible and willing to work across it.
- Exhibits proficiency with infrastructure techniques like Cloud, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), and MFA/SSO
- Has a thorough understanding of industry best practices, technology, and current threats to improve defenses for information systems and resources
- IGA Solution Experience, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community on jobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs