Staff Engineer – Database Reliability Engineer
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Staff Engineer DBRE to support Path-1 and Path-2 databases at GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This is an engineering leadership role with responsibility for:
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in enabling new technology and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. They must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing technologies.
Close collaboration and alignment with business teams, application development teams and security will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop engineering talent will be critical.
- Lead the development and build out of specific products within the Operations and Infrastructure team
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Initiate both group and one-on-one meetings with senior management in order to gain a clear understanding of business drivers and functional requirements
- Lead design and architecture discussions for IT platforms engaging with other staff engineers, engineering teams across different business units to ensure secure and scalable solutions
- Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures
- Lead architecture, design and code reviews with engineering teams
- Provides oversight on delivery to ensure industry best practices, standards, automation, quality, timeliness, operational readiness, continuous improvement and cost-effective solutions
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to lead engineers and the technical team within a domain
- Other duties as assigned.
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields, or equivalent experience
- 8 years’ (10+ preferred) working experience in Design, Build, Maintenance, and Administration of NoSQL distributed databases( Datastax/Cassandra) and good experience on Legacy Databases like Informix, Sybase, IBM DB2 UDB, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- 24x7x365 operations – To support no downtime for the databases.
- Experience with Google managed databases.
- Analyze database incidents, performance, metrics, and trends to proactively identify and resolve potential issues.
- GCP - Experience in Designing and deploying Highly Scalable Cassandra Database clusters on Google Cloud Platform.
- Proactively analyze performance to identify bottlenecks and handle incidents, bugs, and provide solutions with root cause analysis.
- Performance monitoring and query fine-tuning, Problem determination and troubleshooting interacting with UNIX and Application groups.
- Strong Experience handling common database procedures, such as upgrades, backups, recovery, migration, maintenance, etc.
- Work with internal and external customers to develop new value-added programs and data solutions with the existing data structure.
- Experience in scripting languages and automation tools like Terraform, Ansible, and Chef Required Skills
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs