Staff Engineer - Data / Data Architect
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Staff Engineer of a newly formed team of Engineers to build the next generation commerce platforms at GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This is an engineering leadership role with responsibility for enabling cloud transformation and execution for GPC’s unified commerce platforms.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in enabling new technology and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. She/he must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing technologies.
Close collaboration and alignment with business teams, application development teams and security will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop engineering talent will be critical.
- Lead the development and build out of Data Management solutions to support the unified commerce systems
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Initiate both group and one-on-one meetings with senior management in order to gain a clear understanding of business drivers and functional requirements
- Defining Data Architecture, standards, industry best practices and communicating across engineering teams to ensure adoption and governance
- Assist in setting direction and driving change in information/data technologies for optimal solutions based on type of workload
- Design conceptual/logical data models, data flows and source to target mappings
- For the assigned domain, maintain overall data models, lineage, data dictionary, glossary etc. by using enterprise tools to be consistent across all other data domains and products
- Lead architecture, design and code reviews with engineering teams
- Provides analysis of security protection technologies as necessary
- Performance tuning and optimizing data processing/consumption workloads
- Coordinate with business and analytics needs to identify future requirements and solutions
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 10+ years’ experience in software engineering & technology (5+ years in data architecture design and development)
- Proven technical leadership and skills in creating, leading and implementing Data Management architecture for large enterprise scale applications
- Experience with Enterprise Data Strategy, Data Modeling, Data Architecture and dealing with various structured and unstructured data at scale
- Spends < 50% of time writing clean code to create the required schemas, building the data pipeline ,optimizing quires to improve the efficiency, writing the data transformation jobs & testing tools.
- Working knowledge of various types of database management systems and approaches to solve OLTP and OLAP workloads (including but not limited to traditional RDBMS systems, NoSQL, BigData and modern cloud native data warehousing solutions)
- Extensive knowledge around various data integration patterns against databases (inbound and outbound) to solve for real-time, and batch workloads
- Familiarity with data visualization tools like PowerBI
- Experience in AI/ML, data science and statistical/machine is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Technically creative and open-minded
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields, or equivalent experience
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs