Sr Specialist, Leave
We're an organization of IT specialists, developers, salespeople, retail specialists, supply chain professionals, drivers and more. What binds us together is our passion for providing superior service to our clients, customers and teammates. Discover why GPC is the right place for you and your career.
What makes a successful employee at Corporate Headquarters? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Summary Job Description
The Sr. Leave of Absence Specialist serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all federal and state leaves including but not limited to FMLA, STD, LTD, ADA and Military Leaves. The Sr. Leave Specialist manages a case load and educates employees and HR Professionals in all aspects of the leave management process. In addition to managing a case load the Sr. Leave Specialist will assist in training and resolving complex leave issues. This role reports to the Leave Supervisor.
- Communicate with employees regarding their need for leave and/or modified work schedules
- Educate employees on all aspects of the leave management process and procedure
- Adjudicate leave claims completing every action from notice of eligibility to he return to work. This includes gathering and completing all required paperwork, determining leave eligibility, ensuring medical evidence supports the need for leave and timeframe requested.
- Ensure HR professionals are updated on the status of the leave throughout the process
- Collaborate with payroll and benefits to ensure employees are paid accurately and enrolled in benefit billing
- Confirm coordination of benefits with LTD and Work Comp providers
- Administers other company time-off programs as assigned in accordance with internal policy and applicable laws.
- Drafts and/or recommends revisions to company leave policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Maintains complete, detailed and accurate records of leave requests
- Preserves confidentiality of employee medical documentation and files.
- Continuously improve knowledge of all applicable state and federal leave laws
- Serves as the SME for the leave team sharing expertise in regard to federal and state leaves
- Review audit reports to ensure compliance with all company policy and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- 5 + years of progressive leave and disability administration required
- 5 + years’ experience reviewing Objective Medical Evidence to adjudicate claims
- Experience working Subro, Mental Health, ADA, LTD and Work Comp claims
- Advanced knowledge of leave laws specifically State, FMLA, Disability and ADA required
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify root cause and effectively resolve problems
- Superior Customer Service skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exposure to HR and/or case management technologies (e.g., portal technology, case management, human capital management, etc.)
- Experience with HR administration and general exposure / knowledge of various HR functions (e.g., policy, compensation, employee relations, benefits, performance management, etc.)
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel)
- Dependable and willingness to learn
- Team player with a positive attitude
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community on jobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
I would say this is the first job where I've felt cared about as a person and not an asset. I love the people and what I do.Beau Mitchell GPC Accounts Receivable Specialist - Cash Apps
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs