Sr. Manager – Warehouse Management systems
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Sr. Manager to manage and support current 63 Distribution Centers (DCs) across USA and support building the next generation DCs for GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This is an engineering leadership role with responsibility for managing all NAPA DCs, to make sure that they are up and running.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in enabling new technology and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. They must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing technologies.
Close collaboration and alignment with business teams, application development teams, Infrastructure and security will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop engineering talent will be critical.
- Day to day support and managing of DCs that runs on .Net applications and Manhattan WMOS applications
- Lead Managers and team of Software/Systems Engineers on projects for users and be directly responsible for uptime.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of key services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Lead by example, mentor the team and establish credibility through quality technical execution.
- Experience managing 25+ FTE team of internal and external resources
- Manage on-call rotations across continents, using a follow-the-sun model.
- Recommend application changes to improve application performance, reliability, and cost to operate.
- Work with Engineering to transition applications from one platform to another
- Review existing processes and recommend changes or institute new processes as necessary, including observability, operations, engineering, and system tuning, etc.
- Generate high-quality documentation, detailing the platform to application architectures and common patterns.
- Manage a highly technical employee base and ensure we maintain a high bar for performance and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Genuine Parts Company locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work a hybrid remote schedule.
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years’ experience in managing WMS teams (JDE and/or Manhattan)
- 10+ years’ development experience in WMS areas (JDE and/or Manhattan)
- Experienced in, C#, .NET based applications, JDE and Manhattan WMS is preferred
- Actively participate in resolving system issues, diagnosing problems, troubleshooting, and providing technical solutions for Warehouse Management Systems. Collaborate with Operations to troubleshoot and optimize operational processes.
- Experienced in Change & Release process, GitHub and CI/CD solutions
- Experience in on-prem and public cloud platforms
- Experienced in security and Sarbanes-Oxley audits
- Experienced in process reviews, continuous improvement, automation, and toil elimination
- Experienced in high availability (HA), high transaction volume environments, backup/recovery, and disaster recovery
- Strong background in full-lifecycle support across multiple platforms or languages
- Ability to interact with tech/non-tech teams in Infrastructure, Network, Development, Business Analysts, and QA teams
- Experience in analyzing and recommending solutions for production issues
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools (Qlik, Power BI) is a plus
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community on jobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs