Sr. Engineer- Planning Analytics
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity, and innovation. After all, building on our legacy will depend on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and China.
As a Planning Analytics/TM1 Developer, your primary responsibility is to administer the FP&A TM1 environments, implement new and enhanced functionality, build Dashboards in PAW, and optimize Planning Analytics/TM1 to streamline financial planning processes and improve efficiency. This position requires strong analytical and financial modeling skills, a deep understanding of financial planning and financial reporting fundamentals, and a good understanding of business intelligence analyses and reporting.
- Extensive hands-on experience in Planning Analytics/TM1 (Perspective, Architect, Performance Modeler & contributor web). Strong hands-on knowledge of TI processes, writing complex rules & customize workflow.
- Build Complex TI Process/Chores, Complex Rules, web sheets (Static and Active forms), TM1 contributor web applications, etc.
- Experience with Planning Analytics and Planning Analytics Workspace (PAW)
- Expertise in the design and development of large-scale integrated Enterprise-wide Data Warehouse, Cognos TM1, BI solutions
- Architected multiple enterprise-wide deployed Financial Reporting and Dashboard solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly on analytics design and use topics
- Attention to detail as well as ability to estimate tasks realistically and meet schedules
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to facilitate seamless execution of project requirements
- Implements changes consistent with business requirements and established timelines
- Identify and address any issue that affects the integrity of the application (e.g., cross-capability/release issues)
- Creates and maintains appropriate documentation--designs and implements standards
- Provide technical support to promptly resolve escalated incidents/outages
- Other duties as assigned
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 7+ years of programming experience developing in Planning Analytics/TM1
- 2+ Years of experience building dashboards in Planning Analytics Workspace (PAW)
- 5+ years of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area