Sr Engineer, BI
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Company Background and Description
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees with operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and China.
Partner with teams in the Data Management & Business Insights department to:
- Deliver solutions that leverage robust data pipelines and data models to support reporting use cases for the enterprise
- Serve as a subject matter expert on best practice uses of business intelligence (BI) platforms and enterprise data warehouse (EDW) assets
- Partner with stakeholders to drive product development initiatives, strategic projects, and other delivery commitments
- Serve as a data evangelist and facilitate the alignment of analytics across the organization
- Partner with the pod teams (core, flex, + conversion) and the platform teams (Data + BI) to implement design patterns that ensure solutions meet operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability, manageability, and security
- Deliver innovative solutions that leverage a combination of best practices and expanded analytics capabilities to support strategic projects and enterprise reporting needs
- Ensure compliance with company data and software policies/procedures
- Coordinate/manage technology integrations between various technical teams
- Communicate and interact with business and technical stakeholders to solve complex data related problems (business + technical)
- Design prototypes in partnership with BI engineers/developers and analysts, functional leaders, and other key stakeholders in the business
- Provide mentorship to data analysts and business stakeholders on available data assets, reporting solutions, and analytics capabilities
- Other duties as assigned
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or four-year related degree, and/or equivalent work-related experience. MS degree preferred.
- 2 years’ (5+ preferred) experience in designing, developing, testing, and implementing BI solutions using various technology stacks and BI platforms (e.g. - Qlik Sense, Tableau, Power BI, etc.). Preferred Power BI.
- Strong problem-solving skills, project management skills, and organizational skills
- Expert knowledge of SQL, data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Experience delivering BI solutions within Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Work is performed in a typical office environment
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs