Sr Director – Fulfillment Technology
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the head of engineering to architect the next generation fulfillment platforms for GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a leadership role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This is an engineering leadership role with responsibility for driving the technology strategy and execution for GPC’s fulfillment platforms.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in defining the technology direction and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. She/He must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of delivering modern large scale solutions through package software and the cloud.
Close collaboration and alignment with a wide variety of both internal stakeholders and external vendors will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop engineering talent will be critical.
- Partner with and influence key stakeholders in business, product management, technology & dev, agile transformation, marketing, analytics, and other teams to strengthen relationships, persuade, and deliver remarkable products and services.
- Take a collaborative approach to understand organizational needs and problems. Cultivate a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, safety, and trust.
- Present work persuasively and authoritatively to peers and senior leadership while facilitating a collaborative conversation to drive the best outcomes.
- Overall engineering accountability for fulfillment platforms such as customer order, purchase order, demand, forecast, visibility and analytics
- Responsible for simplifying the complexity of current fulfillment platforms and reducing the technical debt and total cost of ownership
- Partner with peer leaders to accelerate and embed agile methodologies across the organization to increase customer-backed problem solving, to increase pace of solution delivery, to accelerate innovation and to enhance cross-functional collaboration
- Plan and execute a multi-year strategy with multi-million dollar Capex/Opex budgets
- Other duties as assigned
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 15+ years’ experience in package software implementation & software engineering in technology leadership
- Consistent track record of leadership, teamwork, and delivering high impact results
- Experience with large scale supply chain systems & development
- Experience managing large scale distributed teams
- Experience leading leaders
- Ability to attract, motivate and retain world-class IT talent
- Strong fiscal prudence to maximize technology investments against critical business priorities across the enterprise
- Exceptional communication skills, team building and associate growth and development experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields, or equivalent experience.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist