Senior Software Engineer, Payments
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity, and innovation. After all, building on our legacy will depend on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and China.
The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for independently developing and consistently redesigning/refactoring a product to adapt to our customers and associate’s needs. As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be part of a dynamic team with engineers of all experience levels who help each other build and grow technical and leadership skills while creating, deploying, and supporting production applications. In addition, Sr. Software Engineers may be involved in product and tool selection, configuration, security, resilience, performance tuning and production monitoring as well as mentoring less experienced engineers.
As part of the GPC Payments IT team, you will have the ability to build out and support systems responsible for handling the full cycle of payment acceptance for all selling systems within the Global GPC environment.
- Develops, tests, deploys, and maintains software, with a clear understanding of the value the software is to provide
- Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Develops test suites (functional, destructive, etc.) to enable success, rapid deployment of code to production
- Learns through successful and failed experiment when tackling new problems
- Actively seeks ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Collaborates with other team members in agile processes
- Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Works with the Product Team to ensure user stories are valuable, developer ready, easy to understand and testable
- Delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Helps grow junior engineers by providing guidance on modern software development frameworks, and leading technical discussions
- Other duties as assigned
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with Java backend development
- Create well-written code that runs efficiently and optimally
- Able to communicate with end-users to determine their needs
- Knowledge of technologies used in building scalable, distributed systems in virtualized cloud environments.
- Ability to design for fault tolerance and high availability.
- Experience with creating and executing unit, functional, destructive and performance tests
- Experience in any of the 5 NoSQL databases and ordered key-value stores such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, MariaDB, Postgres, et
- Experience with Git
- Experience developing on cloud platform such as GCP or Azure
- Experience in designing and implementing microservices architectures
- Knowledge of Java build tools (Gradle preferred)
- Previous exposure to payment processing is a bonus
- Nimble Learning: Learns quickly when facing new situations; Experiments to find new solutions.
- Self-Development: Shows personal commitment and takes action to continuously improve
- Collaborates: Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Cultivates Innovation: Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.
- Communicates Effectively: Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions
- Drives Results: Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Builds constructive relationships with people both similar and different to self
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs