Senior Engineer - Software
We're an organization of IT specialists, developers, salespeople, retail specialists, supply chain professionals, drivers and more. What binds us together is our passion for providing superior service to our clients, customers and teammates. Discover why GPC is the right place for you and your career.
What makes a successful employee at Corporate Headquarters? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team player
I would say this is the first job where I've felt cared about as a person and not an asset. I love the people and what I do.Beau Mitchell GPC Accounts Receivable Specialist - Cash Apps
Our corporate employees are critical to the success of our business by providing services the rest of our business relies on. Corporate employees support our strategy and the service & sales efforts of the entire organization. As a corporate employee, you will have opportunities for professional growth and development, career advancement and coaching. You'll get to make big impacts to our business processess and help with continually improving our employee experience through the work that you do.
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as a senior engineer to build the next generation commerce platforms for GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This is an engineering role with responsibility for enabling cloud transformation and execution for GPC’s unified commerce platforms.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in enabling new technology and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. She/He must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing technologies.
Close collaboration and alignment with business teams, application development teams and security will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop engineering talent will be critical.
- Maintain, develop and support non-prod and production systems
- Helps define and adheres to team working agreements
- Participates in all phases of the integration development lifecycle, including unit testing and ongoing support
- Daily attend team standups and agile ceremonies
- Code, test and deploy the requirements detailed in the team user stories
- Collaborate and work closely with other teammates to achieve team goals and outcomes
- Have a “test-first” attitude with a focus on automation
- Employ best practices around observability, monitoring, and system resilience
- Guide and act as a resource to other engineers on the team
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 5+ years’ experience in software engineering & technology
- Experience with the following technologies: Java, Kubernetes, SpringBoot, Angular, Kafka
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL data sources
- Experience building apps on Cloud Platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Background in full lifecycle development
- Experience working in Agile/Lean environments and cross-functional product teams.
- Experience with XP Programming practices such as TDD and Paired Programming
- Experience breaking down Monolithic architectures into microservices via Domain Driven Design
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields, or equivalent experience
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs