Senior Engineer, Inventory Planning and Replenishment (IPR)
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a critical role to help support, build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
The Supply Chain Sr. Software Package Engineer will provide functional and technical support to users of the Demand Forecasting Inventory Optimization (DFIO) application from Manhattan Associates. Understands content, processes and procedures associated with maintaining and implementing DFIO. Works production support issues, writes functional requirements, develops and implements test plans. Serves as a subject matter expert associated in the DFIO functional areas. Understands common business analysis tools and methodologies and can apply them to solve problems.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in understanding the technology direction and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. They must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing legacy supply chain technologies at scale.
- Delivery and Execution – Helps develop, test, deploy, and maintain software, with a clear understanding of the value the software is to provide; Takes a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens; Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances; Develops test suites (functional, destructive, etc.) to enable success, rapid deployment of code to production; Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm; Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Learns and Grows - Actively seeks ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels; Learns through successful and failed experiment when tackling unfamiliar problems
- Plans and Aligns – Helps create new and better ways for the organization to be successful; Delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences; Works with the Product Team to ensure user stories are developer ready, easy to understand and testable; Collaborates with other team members in agile processes; Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people; Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- Supports and Enables - Fields questions from product and engineering teams; Helps grow junior engineers by supplying guidance on modern software development frameworks, and leading technical discussions; Notes gaps on the team and supplies suggestions for changes to make the team more productive
- Other duties as assigned
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Multiple years of experience collaborating with a distributed team environment
- Experience with creating and executing unit, functional, destructive and performance tests
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Knowledgeable in the areas of Supply Chain (specifically Demand Forecasting and Replenishment)
- SQL query knowledge
- PL/SQL programming language
- java programming language
- Knowledge of ANT
- Oracle DB tools
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs