Senior Analyst- Tax
We're an organization of IT specialists, developers, salespeople, retail specialists, supply chain professionals, drivers and more. What binds us together is our passion for providing superior service to our clients, customers and teammates. Discover why GPC is the right place for you and your career.
What makes a successful employee at Corporate Headquarters? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team player
I would say this is the first job where I've felt cared about as a person and not an asset. I love the people and what I do.Beau Mitchell GPC Accounts Receivable Specialist - Cash Apps
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Current Tax Department Specifics: The GPC Tax Department currently consists of a VP of Tax, Senior Director of Tax , Director of Tax – International, Director of Tax – Transfer Pricing and Tax Manager as well as local country tax team members. The team has a large range of backgrounds providing unique expertise in various tax specialties including tax accounting, compliance, international tax, transfer pricing and tax planning. In addition, the Tax Department provides a collaborative environment to develop and train team members in these specialties.
The Senior Analyst - Tax is involved in diverse workstreams in tax accounting, tax planning and transfer pricing. Specifically, the Senior Analyst - Tax is responsible for assisting with quarterly and annual tax accounting requirements, organizational structure maintenance, internal control compliance, special tax advisory/restructuring projects and some transfer pricing documentation. The Senior Analyst - Tax will work directly with the Tax Manager, Director of Tax and Senior Director – Tax.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Estimate, model and compute the quarterly and annual US GAAP and non-GAAP effective tax rate
- Preparation of the consolidated US GAAP provision including review of foreign provisions and preparation of the tax footnote
- Maintain and calculate inventory of deferred tax assets and liabilities
- Analyze, model, manage and calculate the reserve for uncertain tax positions
- Assist with purchase accounting calculations, tax due diligence, reorganizations and other transaction tax projects
- Assist in the implementation of the organization's tax strategy optimizing tax planning while ensuring it complies with all relevant local and international tax laws and regulations
- Advise management on tax matters and the potential impact of laws and regulations to the organization’s operational activities
- Coordinate state audits; address notices/inquires with various tax authorities
- Supports 3rd party U.S tax return preparation
- Monitor and evaluate the consequences of changes in federal and international law applicable to the business
- Understanding of internal controls, documentation, and testing procedures
- Assistance with other special projects including federal rate planning, state tax rate planning, credits and incentives
- Transfer pricing support regarding management fees, royalty arrangements and other cross‐border activities
This new role in the Company is a unique opportunity with an extraordinary Fortune 200 company and will provide exposure to diversified experiences in tax accounting, state tax, tax planning and transfer pricing as well as an opportunity to learn and develop in these diverse tax specialties.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and 2-4+ years of tax experience within a public accounting and/or multinational public company environment
- Understanding of financial accounting and economic related concepts
- Working knowledge of U.S./state/Foreign tax laws and concepts
- Strong MS Office, and OneSource Tax Provision preferred
- Effective written communication and time management skills
- CPA Certification preferred
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs