Recruiting and Onboarding Coordinator
We're an organization of IT specialists, developers, salespeople, retail specialists, supply chain professionals, drivers and more. What binds us together is our passion for providing superior service to our clients, customers and teammates. Discover why GPC is the right place for you and your career.
What makes a successful employee at Corporate Headquarters? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team player
I would say this is the first job where I've felt cared about as a person and not an asset. I love the people and what I do.Beau Mitchell GPC Accounts Receivable Specialist - Cash Apps
Our corporate employees are critical to the success of our business by providing services the rest of our business relies on. Corporate employees support our strategy and the service & sales efforts of the entire organization. As a corporate employee, you will have opportunities for professional growth and development, career advancement and coaching. You'll get to make big impacts to our business processess and help with continually improving our employee experience through the work that you do.
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Summary of Job Description:
The Recruiting and Onboarding Coordinator is responsible for administering the pre-employment background and drug screen process while ensuring an exceptional candidate and hiring manager experience. This position will support a high-volume candidate load and need to navigate multiple systems to ensure our candidates in our NAPA stores and distribution centers across the country are hired quickly. The coordinator will also support all recruiting and onboarding systems and processes for GPC and its subsidiaries and support recruiting efforts where needed.
Description of Work:
- Coordinate post offer to hire process including:
- Creating offer letters
- Launching background and drug tests
- Reviewing background checks and drug test results
- Completing the hire into PeopleSoft
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning pre-hire employment
- Communicates thoroughly with candidates and HR managers on the status of new employees
- Assist candidates over the phone with completing background checks and pre-boarding tasks to ensure speed of hire
- Research and resolve all recruiting, pre-employment, and onboarding system or process related inquiries from internal recruiters, hiring managers, and applicants
- Escalate and monitor for completion cases that, after research, need to be resolved by HRIS or a 3rdparty vendor
- Identify opportunities that enhance the candidate, recruiter, and hiring manager experience
- Administer internal recruiter/hiring manager access to all recruiting, pre-employment and on-boarding systems
- Maintain data quality in job requisitions by ensuring templates are accurate, postings are visually appealing, and active openings are current
- Audit and monitor job postings and onboarding task compliance (including I-9s)
- Consistently build and maintain strong relationships with the internal HR community and hiring managers
- Create new or modify existing process documentation and/or knowledge-based articles
- Provide training as needed to the various system users – internal recruiters, hiring managers
- Assist with sourcing and screening and managing the recruiting process for intern recruiting
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-3 years customer service experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in recruiting or onboarding preferred
- Knowledgeable of background and drug screen administration and pre-employment compliance
- Passionate about candidate experience
- Has a sense of urgency – understands the need to hire our talent quickly!
- Ability to manage multiple customer service requests and priorities concurrently while maintaining professionalism and concise communications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – can communicate well using multiple mediums (email, phone, text, IM)
- Technology savvy – ability to quickly learn software and systems and utilize technology to manage work
- Bi-lingual, Spanish speaking preferred!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs