Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Program Director of a newly formed team of engineers to build the next generation Unified Commerce and Data Platforms for GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you will play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This role provides a unique opportunity to oversee an entire Portfolio and all its associated Domains, Products and Platforms to help plan, strategize, and oversee delivery execution as a Program Director. The focus is to ensure that business & technology strategy, priorities, and objectives are understood, rationalized, and expressed in an overall integrated multi-year Portfolio roadmap to provide transparency and track overall progress, financial health, and any associated risks to successfully deliver against the plan.
Program Directors oversee all aspects of an organizational initiative, including resource management, managing financial health, cross-functional collaboration, delivery execution oversight and advertising key milestones, accomplishments and any associated risks to stakeholders and senior leadership. They focus on setting the scope of the Portfolio, rolling up individual plans, connecting the dots for any dependencies and overall prioritization, sequencing and planning, to help successfully deliver against organizational goals and objectives.
The individual will work with senior leadership to help enable cloud transformation and execution for GPC’s Unified Commerce & Data Platforms. Close collaboration and alignment with business teams, application development teams, infrastructure and security will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required.
The candidate must exhibit a deep understanding of business transformation, and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing technologies.
40% - Strategy & Planning
- Responsible for planning and creating an integrated Portfolio roadmap by collaborating across all Domain and Product teams within the Portfolio, and any associated dependencies across other Portfolios
- Leads the Portfolio planning and scope definition to clearly articulate sequencing, prioritization, and dependencies for overall delivery execution
- Collaborate across business units to understand long-term strategies and how that influences overall Portfolio planning
- Work closely with the Tech Fellow and other technology leaders to align Portfolio plan with overall Technology strategy, vision, and roadmap and any associated tech debt, system rationalization, sunset plans etc..
- Ensure work streams are fully integrated and moving towards same end goals and aligning to program charter, scope management and dependencies
- Advocate for continuous improvements and maturity around overall Portfolio planning processes, cross-functional collaboration, dependency management, prioritization, and risk mitigations to drive efficiencies around delivery execution
50% – Delivery & Execution:
- Responsible for day-to-day Portfolio Management activities and oversight around resource allocations, financial health, vendor contract management, overall delivery status, risks, mitigation, success metrics etc… across all Domains, Products and Platforms within a Portfolio
- Run and oversee meetings, including Program Increment planning, document, manage, assign ownership and track action items
- Assist in sequencing to ensure incremental building blocks are being planned and delivered to realize the target state based on the holistic Portfolio roadmap
- Track overall progress & outcomes against the integrated Portfolio roadmap, and lead management and resolution of issues, risks and impediments across the Portfolio and or Program
- Communicate key milestones, accomplishments, risks/concerns, value creation etc. to stakeholders and leadership teams across the Portfolio
- Escalate to leadership in a timely manner to address any constraints, risks, conflicts in priorities etc.
- Other duties as assigned
10% – Team & Talent:
- Supervises, coaches, mentors, grows, and advises RTE (Release Train Engineers), Program Managers, Project Managers, Scrum Masters in the Portfolio
- Manages RTE/Program Managers across all Domains, Platforms and Products within the Portfolio
- Participates in and leads learning activities within the organization to help grow and mature overall Portfolio planning and delivery execution
- Links teams across the organization who are facing similar challenges to foster collaboration
- Recruit, manage, and motivate a strong Program team to help rollout best-in-class service offerings
Nature and Scope:
This role typically reports to Vice President or Sr Director
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 15 + years of experience managing IT projects, including large scale enterprise-wide initiatives and programs, 7 + years of managing and working on PPM tools
- Professionally recognized by peers and leaders in the organization for significant expertise in Portfolio, Program and Project Management
- Proven experience in delivering large scale enterprise solutions, building Portfolio and Program roadmaps aligning with business transformational initiatives, strategies and priorities
- Experience leading and providing Portfolio and Program oversight across cross-functional teams and domains
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail combined with the ability to see the big picture
- Proven ability to plan and execute program and projects and risk mitigation strategies and driving issues to closure
- Expert knowledge of various Software Development Lifecycles including Waterfall, Feature Driven Development, Agile, Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and/or Lean, and leading Agile transformations
- Experience working with third party development and infrastructure suppliers
- Experience managing overall resources, financials and vendor contracts across the Portfolio related to capital and operating expense
- Prior technical and application development experience
- Deep and broad knowledge of current and emerging execution methodologies that affect the business
- Self-managing, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment; proactive in seeking out information when necessary
- Mastery of problem-solving innovation, vision, judgement, and leadership
- Active participation in or leadership of professional groups affiliated with Program and Project Management
- Experience working with Lean, Agile principles and SCRUM and Kanban
- Experience with relative agile estimation, no-estimates forecasting and Monte Carlo
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering fields orequivalent experience
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community on jobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs