Product Manager - Technology - Pricing & Promotions
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Product Manager of a newly formed team, to build the next generation commerce platforms at GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
The Sr Product Manager will be responsible for product requirements analysis as well as feature planning and execution to improve the customer experience. Close collaboration and alignment with business teams, application development teams and security will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required.
- Overall responsibility of all Products and Platforms within the Customer Domain
- Build the overall vision of all products and platforms within the Customer Domain
- Drive the execution of the roadmap by effectively documenting and communicating business requirements
- Create specification documents of functional and non-functional requirements for new features, functionalities, and enhancements
- Collaborate with business partners to prioritize and define the priorities of product backlog
- Own Product and its components/features and drive story development and requirements analysis
- Utilize regular and ad hoc reporting to monitor business KPIs and measure the effectiveness of product enhancements
- Analyze issues related to changing trends, behaviors, or performance to identify root cause and determine solutions to address
- Determine the impact of new functionality to existing business processes and system functionality. Ensure documentation (Stories, Acceptance Criteria, etc.) is of sufficient quality
- Manage vendor partners to solve customer and business problems and collaborate to drive for new innovations in products and services that best meet business needs and strategy
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members; business owners, product management, UX, Design IT, BAs, QA, operations, and vendors, to develop requirements and backlog grooming
- Perform acceptance testing of optimizations and new features to ensure requirements have been fulfilled
- Identify, define, and document processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency of the team
- Effectively, consistently, and proactively communicate issue status, and related information to cross-functional teams and at all levels
- Maintain knowledge of current systems, applications, and functionality
- Conduct research on industry trends and maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and digital innovations
- Develop subject matter expertise of GPC’s brands, product lines, customers, and industries
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 5+ years’ experience in scrum/agile development methodology
- 5+ years’ experience participating in product backlog prioritization and grooming/refinement
- 5+ years’ experience with web analytics tools and using data to make decisions
- Demonstrated experience with analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to use data to break down complex problems and formulate plans
- Experience in the Retail business is a plus
- Experience in building Customer enabled systems like Customer 360, centralized Customer Account Management
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields, or equivalent experience
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs