Product Manager - Technology - Inventory Platform
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Product Manager of a newly formed team, to build the next generation Sales platforms at GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
The Product Manager will be responsible for product requirements analysis as well as feature planning and execution to improve the customer experience. Close collaboration and alignment with business teams, application development teams and security will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Collaborate with engineering to Translate business strategy into technology product strategy
- Own product roadmap
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and technology innovations
- Develop deep knowledge of business processes for the domain(s)
- Drive prioritization of product capabilities
- Collaborate and drive cross-domain prioritization and sequencing of activities
- Create/document/track KPIs to measure relevant business goals for the domain
- Represent domain during enterprise planning and discovery
- Manage stakeholder expectations to ensure scoping, backlog and delivery aligns with product strategy
- Provide regular updates to product roadmap
- Represent business throughout technology development process
- Document requirements (functional and non-functional) via epics, features and user stories
- Maintain and prioritize product backlog
- Track releases and communicate delivery roadmap
- Plan and conduct user showcases and acceptance testing
- Work with agile practitioners and engineering to improve the overall delivery lifecycle
- Other duties as assigned.
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields or equivalent years of experience preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in scrum/agile development methodology.
- 5+ years’ experience participating in product backlog prioritization and grooming/refinement
- 5+ years of product ownership and helping drive road-mapping, planning and delivery in an agile environment.
- 3+ years’ experience designing solutions for the Inventory
- 3+ years’ experience designing processes and solutions for an omni channel Organizations is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to use data to break down complex problems and formulate plans.
- Experience supporting, mentoring and managing product owners is a plus
- Strong Experience in the B2B wholesale business is a plus
- Experience in automotive parts industry a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs