Principal Engineer - Software - Customer
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Principal Engineer of a newly formed team of Engineers to build the next generation commerce platforms at GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This is an engineering leadership role with responsibility for enabling cloud transformation and execution for GPC’s unified commerce platforms.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in enabling new technology and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. She/he must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing technologies.
Close collaboration and alignment with business teams, application development teams and security will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop engineering talent will be critical.
- Technical responsibility of architecture roadmap and vision of the Customer Domain
- Lead the development and build out of the unified commerce systems for the entire domain
- Reviews business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, selecting the most optimal solution, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution
- Initiate both group and one-on-one meetings with senior management in order to gain a clear understanding of business drivers and functional requirements
- Lead design and architecture discussions for IT platforms engaging with other staff engineers, engineering teams across different business units to ensure secure and scalable solutions
- Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures
- Provides oversight on delivery to ensure industry best practices, standards, automation, quality, timeliness, operational readiness, continuous improvement and cost-effective solutions
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to staff / lead engineers and the technical team within a domain
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 12+ years’ experience in software engineering & technology
- Experience in design and building Customer enabled systems like Customer 360, centralized Customer Account Management is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Technically creative and open-minded
- Experience in enterprise level software development experience (non-academic) with demonstrable experience in Java, REST, SOAP, Spring Cloud, Spring Boot, Microservices, Kafka, NoSQL, Containerization and Security
- Experience in building and operating applications running on Public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP) including DevSecOps practices
- Must possess experience running high throughput low latency end user-facing microservices
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields, or equivalent experience
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs