On-site Search Specialist
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity, and innovation. After all, building on our legacy will depend on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
The Automotive Onsite Search Specialists’ primary responsibility will be managing relevant search results to create an optimal search experience for our customers. This person will be knowledgeable with automotive products/parts and the automotive aftermarket as a whole, while keeping the customers’ needs at top of mind. Tasked with integrating proper merchandising techniques into the search experience to promote specific products and influence customer purchase behavior driving sales and conversions. The ideal candidate will analyze current site data and apply it to reduce bounce rates and increase conversions by incorporating product availability, seasonality, popular trends, discount percentage, and other factors into the search merchandising.
- Develop, implement, and optimize all onsite search functionalities to improve findability and customer-facing experiences.
- Performs daily maintenance and tests site navigation and search optimization.
- Strategically merchandise categories and products under supervision of Site Merchant.
- Optimize site search results and faceted navigation for assigned categories for increased product sales.
- Improve onsite search effectiveness via customer analytics, testing and continuous process improvement.
- Analyze, track, and report online ordering traffic and performance, acting on information to improve all facets of the online ordering and user experience opportunities.
- Track and analyze guest behavior and utilize multiple methods including surveys to collect data including product views, conversion, bounce rate and engagement to inform on-site navigation and internal search results.
- Manage website navigation & taxonomy as well as facets-ensuring that the customer can easily find what they want, this includes the addition or subtraction of navigational elements and facets.
- Manage sort order to effect which products show up on product listing pages and other product result pages.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to develop and execute merchandise action plans.
- Identify operational and process flow opportunities and partner with team members to find solutions.
- Works with 3rd party vendors for site search, merchandising product recommendations, personalization, and customer behavior.
- Identifies and fixes failed searches, creates and manages a library of synonyms for frequently misspelled products and keywords.
- Analyze large datasets, create custom reports, and mine data for search insights.
- Performs other related duties as requested by management personnel.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in digital merchandising or similar field
- Cross-category retail experience preferred with a strong understanding and passion for consumer-focused ecommerce
- Working understanding of marketing channels, tactics, and end-to-end consumer lifecycle
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and senior leadership
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Ability to adapt to change, urgency, and new systems and tools
- Effective multi-tasker with strong sense of accountability, ownership and attention to detail
- Expertise in MS Office Suite, Strong excel skills (Required)
- Extensive Automotive Knowledge (Required)
- Familiarity in Google Analytics Adobe Analytics (Preferred)
- Familiarity with BloomReach (Preferred)
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs