Network Engineering Manager
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
The Service Desk Manager must have demonstrable leadership skills in a fast-paced environment. Possess forward-thinking strategies and solutions with a high degree of customer-service focus, and excellent communication skills. The Service Desk Manager serves as the liaison between the infrastructure and general operations of the facility. The Manager is expected to have a high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines.
- Five (5) plus years’ experience managing people with a demonstrated record of accomplishment of leading a team where customer experience is a priority. Demonstrate advanced interpersonal skills to engage with peers, customers, and senior management
- Experience working with Operations and business teams to communicate problem impacts and understand business requirements.
- Proven skills in leadership development and team building.
- Experience in Procurement, Budgeting, Forecasting, and Asset Management.
- Ability to communicate technical service-desk subject matter to non-technical clients and team members.
- Experience with ITSM platforms using ServiceNow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field strongly preferred
- HDI certification strongly desired
- ITIL foundation certified; Thorough understanding of ITIL best practices and trends
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be a detail-oriented, security conscious, and proficient in troubleshooting
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in an extremely fast paced and nimble operating company
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a distributed-team environment
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects
- Quality and cost-driven leadership
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Demonstrated ability to support and prioritize maintenance of end-user systems and computing technologies
- Ability to articulate the value and implementation approach for establishing an enterprise-wide, end-user computing-technology lifecycle
- Must have the desire to work on new, innovative, cutting edge technologies
- Develop and implement service desk policies, processes, and procedures for the management and support of internal and external customers to include responsibility for effective communication of status
- Provide management and direction for the Service Desk team according to practices defined in ITIL
- Establish and meet agreed levels (SLA) of incident resolution and request fulfillment; continually improve the service-desk delivery processes to ensure optimal efficiency of service quality for customers
- Develop procedures that outline how incidents, requests, and problems are identified, documented, assigned, and managed in the ITSM tools
- Lead and improve incident and problem management disciplines
- Responsible for assigning and prioritizing tasks and projects to Helpdesk Team
- Maintain availability to subordinate staff for escalation questions and to ensure prompt response and timely turnaround of issues and submitted tickets
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports on key performance metrics related to incidents, problems, and service requests
- Analyzes performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify areas for improvement, and devise/deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future service delivery quality issues
- Identifies, recommends, develops, and implements programs to advance the knowledge of customers and team members, including communication, training, and user experience and knowledge management
- Ensures the service desk provides and delivers high levels of support by providing trends, reports, and analysis of customer satisfaction, performance against agreed to service levels and plans for service improvement
- Big Picture/Global Customer
- Coach/Positive Env/PM/Recognize
- Problem Solve/Results
- System Design/Deploy/Support
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community on jobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs