Manager of Content Strategy & Production
We're an organization of IT specialists, developers, salespeople, retail specialists, supply chain professionals, drivers and more. What binds us together is our passion for providing superior service to our clients, customers and teammates. Discover why GPC is the right place for you and your career.
What makes a successful employee at Corporate Headquarters? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team player
I would say this is the first job where I've felt cared about as a person and not an asset. I love the people and what I do.Beau Mitchell GPC Accounts Receivable Specialist - Cash Apps
Our corporate employees are critical to the success of our business by providing services the rest of our business relies on. Corporate employees support our strategy and the service & sales efforts of the entire organization. As a corporate employee, you will have opportunities for professional growth and development, career advancement and coaching. You'll get to make big impacts to our business processess and help with continually improving our employee experience through the work that you do.
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
This role provides a unique opportunity for a digital professional with a strong writing and editorial background to help grow and manage our content production team, play an important role in helping to connect with customers, and grow digital organic traffic and revenue for the NAPA brand within Genuine Parts Company. This person will be a member of the Automotive Parts Group digital department and will serve a key role on the Content Production Team. As a Content Strategy & Production Manager, this employee will manage a team of SEO specialists, editors, writers and others in ecommerce, product and marketing to implement site content strategy and while making learning about and buying auto parts, tools and accessories an easy and fun process.
Content Strategy & Planning
- Develops content strategy roadmap
- Manages the production team’s deliverables to ensure timely publication
- Implements and guides team direction for url taxonomy
- Adapts and meets strict editorial calendar deadlines
- Analyzes post content deployments to gauge customer adoption / customer sentiment
- Conducts research and generating ideas for new, relevant, and timely industry-related topics
- Creates, edit and approve meaningful content that is engaging for clients and drives business
- Writes product and category content and long and short form articles and other content
- Authors and enhances SEO titles & descriptions that are appealing to the consumer and are structured to boost site rankings
- Optimizes content for SEO, based on keyword priorities
- Tracks and adds value for meeting for weekly, and monthly content goals
- Maintains NAPA brand voice and editorial standards across all content
- Enhances content formatting, headlines, and hyperlinks to finished content using HTML or CMS tools
- Grows production team department of writers, editors, and production specialist
- Develops subject matter expertise of NAPAs brands, product lines, and customers
- Maintains knowledge of competitive landscape and digital innovations.
- Communicates project and issue status effectively, consistently, and proactively
- Manages and coordinates the needs of the production team resolve blockers
- Helps continuous improvement of the content production process
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication, marketing, or other relevant area
- 7+ years’ experience in writing copy, proofing and editing
- Proven knowledge of content strategy and content creation processes including copywriting/editing and web production processes
- Relevant experience / interest in cars or the automotive experience
- Working knowledge of online marketing, advertising and ecommerce
- 5+ years’ experience using an enterprise web-content publishing systems (hybris preferred)
- Proven experience with HTML, word and excel
- Knowledge of search engine optimization best practices and techniques.
- Experience with SEO tools and plugins is a plus: Brightedge, SEMRush, RankMath GSC
- Excellent task management, communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to learn quickly and keep up with a fast-paced content production processes
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while working independently to manage multiple projects
- Experience working with multi-language web sites (Spanish and French is a plus)
- Examples of work, link to portfolio
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs