Manager, Engineering - Warehouse Management System (WMS)
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Manager of WMS Engineering to help build, implement, and support the warehousing and distribution technology at GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a leadership role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
Manager, Engineering - Warehouse Management System (WMS) must be a technologist & supply chain professional at heart and be comfortable partnering with the business to help drive our supply chain technology initiatives across our distribution network. This individual will play a key role in executing our strategy to leverage technology to transform our supply chain.
- Manage the team responsible for designing, building, implementing, and supporting distribution and fulfillment technologies within our fulfillment operations
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with the business to understand the strategic direction, processes, and needs of the business.
- Provide leadership to the WMS team by assisting with meeting of personal and professional goals.
- Manage and maintain relationships with external vendors and service providers.
- Lead key projects and initiatives in the Warehouse Management technology space.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences
- Bachelors or advanced Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or Industrial Engineering strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of Experience in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) application required.
- Minimum of 3+ years of prior Supply Chain Systems (SCS) experience in a leadership role.
- Minimum of 5+ years Supply Chain relevant experience.
- Superior interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact and communicate with other team members, managers, and users.
- Ability to work and lead in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrate a strong customer-focused attitude and understand fundamentals of customer service.
- Exceptional leadership, talent development, and coaching skills.
- Experience implementing and supporting automation/robotics technology in distribution operations
- General understanding of commonly used supply chain systems (i.e., Labor Management Systems, Slotting, Warehouse Control Systems, Warehouse Execution systems, Voice Picking, etc.)
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of UNIX; preferably RHEL experience.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Oracle Database architecture.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community on jobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs