Lead Software Engineer
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the engineer to build the next generation commerce platforms for GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This is an engineering role with responsibility for enabling cloud transformation and execution for GPC’s unified commerce platforms.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in enabling new technology and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. They must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing technologies.
Close collaboration and alignment with business teams, application development teams and security will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop engineering talent will be critical.
About the team:
We are high performing Customer domain team who is on a journey to modernize legacy applications to Google Cloud. We are working on exciting roadmap to rationalize and consolidate Customer data into a comprehensive Single Source of Truth.
We are a bunch of curious engineers willing to learn technology which helps us to stay laser focused on our business goals.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. We offer hybrid environment. We intend to strike the right balance between your personal and professional life which is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We encourage you to find your own harmony between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to support new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and enable engineers to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Lead and manage a team of Engineers and Senior Engineers
- Maintain, develop, and support non-production and production systems
- Helps define and adheres to team working agreements
- Participates in all phases of the integration development lifecycle, including unit testing and ongoing support
- Daily attend team standups and agile ceremonies
- Code, test and deploy the requirements detailed in the team user stories
- Collaborate and work closely with other teammates to achieve team goals and outcomes
- Have a “test-first” attitude with a focus on automation
- Employ best practices around observability, monitoring, and system resilience
- Guide and act as a resource to other engineers on the team
- Other duties as assigned
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields, or equivalent experience
- 8 years’ experience in non-internship professional software development experience
- 5 years’ experience in Java/Spring boot/Spring Batch
- 3+ years’ experience with SQL and NOSQL data sources
- 2+ years’ experience building apps on Cloud Platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure) including DevSecOps practices
- 1+ years’ experience in Kubernetes, Angular, Kafka
- Experience breaking down Monolithic architectures into microservices via Domain Driven Design
Preferred Qualifications & Experiences:
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs