Lead Engineer, Software
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity, and innovation. After all, building on our legacy will depend on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the lead of a newly formed team of engineers to build the next generation commerce platforms for GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This is an engineering role with responsibility for enabling cloud transformation and execution for GPC’s unified commerce platforms.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in enabling new technology and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. They must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing technologies.
Close collaboration and alignment with business teams, application development teams and security will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop engineering talent will be critical.
Responsibilities And Key Accountabilities:
- Lead, Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Design and develop secure, scalable, resilient cloud native microservices
- Helps define and adheres to team working agreements
- Participates in all phases of the integration development lifecycle, including unit testing and ongoing support
- Collaborate with Architects and other Software Engineering resources in designing and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) in assigned business and technical domains with an excellent understanding of business and system processes, inter relationship/dependencies/interactions among system components and how things work end to end. Act as the “go-to” person on integration related questions
- Have a “test-first” attitude with a focus on automation
- Employ best practices around observability, monitoring, and system resilience
- Guide and act as a resource to other engineers on the team
- Other duties as assigned
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in software engineering & technology
- Expertise in Data structures, Object-oriented programming, functional programming, familiarity with microservices, cloud Technologies.
- Experience with programming languages- Java, JEE, latest features leveraging functional programming.
- Experience in building cloud native microservices using Spring Boot or equivalent.
- Experience in BigData and NoSQL technologies like Cassandra, Big Table or equivalent.
- Experience in writing SQLs to get analytical data from Google Big Query or equivalent OLAP databases.
- Experience in designing event driven mechanisms, publish/subscribe models.
- Experience in writing automated tests - Unit/Integration tests.
- Experience with cloud computing on at-least one of major providers (Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure).
- Experience in destructive testing methodologies and tools.
- Experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- This is an engineering position, and in our team, we believe in “always production-ready” code.
- This job requires 70% coding or coding-related tasks every day.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action-Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs