HQ-Manager Human Resources
We're an organization of IT specialists, developers, salespeople, retail specialists, supply chain professionals, drivers and more. What binds us together is our passion for providing superior service to our clients, customers and teammates. Discover why GPC is the right place for you and your career.
What makes a successful employee at Corporate Headquarters? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
The Corporate Headquarters Human Resources Manager will manage the day-to-day operations in the following functional areas: Recruitment strategies and support; HR Analytics and reports; Employment Law and Labor Relations; Program Development and HR Best Practices, Performance Management and Succession Planning; Training and Employee Engagement.
- Lead the delivery of HR processes and services to meet best practice standards
- Manage and develop in-house employee training programs that addresses the company's training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation, management development, performance management, etc., and measure the training impact and produce training reports and metrics. In addition, assist managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and services
- Manage and maintain employee-related databases HRIS – PeopleSoft, TalentQuest, Kronos, Red Carpet, and Jobvite. Prepare and analyze reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company
- Manage the full cycle recruitment process for exempt and nonexempt employees and interns using standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Protect the interests of employees and company in complying with all existing federal, government, labor and legal reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation. Conduct investigations and provide support to managers using the steps in the Company‘s progressive discipline system
- Provide day-to-day benefits administration support. Assist employees with any benefits, FMLA, STD, LTD questions as well as help support annual enrollment
- Assists with carrying out the company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as performance management, succession planning, workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management
- Develop employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee engagement surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups and one-on-one meetings.
- Help monitor the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Partner with corporate headquarters HR community to distribute and promote internal activities including the wellness, diversity and inclusion, environmental health and safety and community initiatives
- Other special projects as assigned
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- Five to seven plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Peoplesoft(HR) and Kronos experience strongly preferred
- Conflict Management skills
- Self-starter with excellent follow up skills
- Team Player with positive attitude
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
I would say this is the first job where I've felt cared about as a person and not an asset. I love the people and what I do.Beau Mitchell GPC Accounts Receivable Specialist - Cash Apps
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs