HQ - Associate Category Manager
As a retail associate, you are expected to learn the NAPA brand — the market and who our customers are. Eagerness to learn and grow with the company is highly appreciated. Knowing your customers and products are such a big impact to daily business, don't be afraid to work with your team and ask questions — willingness to take initiative is a top tier trait.
What makes a successful Retail employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Centric
- Team player
Counter Sales Path to Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager Path to Store Manager
Store Manager Path to District Manager
District Manager End of path
Group Vice President DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
A day in the life includes anything and everything about running a store. It could be taking care of personnel and helping them get what they need, taking care of customers, finding parts, working with my customer service representative who's out helping customers, every day is different.Jeremiah Reynolds NAPA Store Manager
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Support the strategic category plan and financial objectives of assigned category group by executing deliverables focused on driving sales, margin, inventory turns, and market position within the industry. While accomplishing these objectives, this person in this position is expected to uphold GPC’s high standards and ethics and integrity as an important representative of the corporation to the suppliers, customers, and community.
Responsibilities: The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- Supports Category Director and associated Category Managers by leading key initiatives, maintaining digital catalogues, and supporting core category activities such as product introductions, change overs, sourcing activities and supplier engagement
- Researches and analyzes sales and profitability performance metrics and provides recommendations for improvement
- Collaborates cross-functionally to execute key initiatives and solve business problems
- Serves as a point of contact for suppliers and field personnel, ensuring issues are addressed in a timely fashion with clear communication and follow up
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships by openly sharing information and knowledge with coworkers and business partners; seeking performance feedback; and adapting to and learning from change
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree in business, marketing, or related field
- 1-3 years’ experience in sales, marketing, inventory management, program management, data analysis and/or sourcing required
- Intermediate to advanced competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Highly driven and eager to pursue a career in Category Management
- Well organized with ability to manage many congruent and diverging tasks simultaneously
- Ability to build strong working relationships, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional follow up and attention for detail
- Up to 20% Travel
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs