We're an organization of IT specialists, developers, salespeople, retail specialists, supply chain professionals, drivers and more. What binds us together is our passion for providing superior service to our clients, customers and teammates. Discover why GPC is the right place for you and your career.
What makes a successful employee at Corporate Headquarters? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team player
I would say this is the first job where I've felt cared about as a person and not an asset. I love the people and what I do.Beau Mitchell GPC Accounts Receivable Specialist - Cash Apps
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Summary of Job Description
The Payroll Garnishment Representative processes employee garnishments, including child support, tax levies, student loans, bankruptcies, creditor garnishments, and lump-sum payment orders. The Representative will also be responsible for running processes to publish accounting lines for GL and Payment to the AP Center. This position is the primary contact between garnishees, HR managers, agencies, courts, and any third-party providers.
- Responds efficiently and effectively to all correspondence from field customers, employees, or 3rd Party vendors via phone, email, and Case Management System.
- Ensures timely set-up of garnishment orders in the PeopleSoft system, notification to appropriate parties (employees and agencies), and timely remittance of payment.
- Ensures resolution of exceptions to completion and reconciliation of payments and communications with agencies.
- Responsible for review and set-up of garnishment orders in the PeopleSoft system, including preparation of orders and correspondence for scanning.
- Maintain garnishment rules in the system to determine proper withholding from employee wages according to state rules and garnishment type. Maintain employee garnishment data with applicable start and stop dates for each order promptly according to the information contained within the order and relevant deadlines.
- Write and review letters to address interrogatory responses.
- Act as primary contact to research payment issues with employees, agencies, and AP center.
- Answer and resolve payroll and garnishment questions to provide accurate information in a timely and concise manner to courts, agencies, and employees.
- Run garnishment processes to publish accounting lines.
- Interact with various departments within and outside the company to answer questions and resolve issues (external contacts include check collection agencies, courts, lawyers)
- Research all garnishment issues and respond to terminations, job changes, withholding exceptions.
- Train other payroll team members in processing garnishments and oversee quality assurance of the overall process.
- Subject Matter Expert for automated garnishment processes, including ACH payments, GL design/enhancements, and Electronic Income Withholding.
- Liaison to HRIS team for garnishment processing – from entry through payment from our APAR (Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable) team.
- Assist with the creation and upload of payroll files as needed.
- Work on special projects as assigned, including account reconciliations, accruals, and journal entries, as well as cross-training with other team members.
- Serves as a back-up for Payroll Specialist as needed.
- Minimum 2 years HR/Payroll/Garnishment Experience in a multistate company
- Bachelor's degree or certification is preferred
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Software and Microsoft Applications
- Strong understanding of garnishment laws and requirements
- High level of personal drive and self-motivation with an ability to handle a significant workload
- Strong emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate a series of different jobs simultaneously Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude
- In-depth knowledge of payroll functions and processing, including bookkeeping, payroll tax, fringe benefits, and garnishments
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude
- Willingness to learn new tasks and be flexible
- Good organization skills
- Flexibility to work overtime when needed
- Customer service acumen
- Team player
- Superior organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret information
- Proficient use of PC spreadsheet applications
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs