Engineering Manager - Software
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity, and innovation. After all, building on our legacy will depend on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the head of engineering to architect the next generation Commerce platforms for GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a leadership role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This is an engineering leadership role with responsibility for implementing the technology strategy and execution for GPC’s unified commerce platforms.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in understanding the technology direction and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. She/he must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing legacy supply chain technologies at scale.
Close collaboration and alignment with a wide variety of both internal stakeholders and external vendors will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop engineering talent will be critical.
- Partnering with the cross-functional GPC team, implement the strategy and roadmap for modernizing the Customer domain and customer enabled platforms
- Implement the technology platforms architecture and execute on roadmap to support build out the new commerce related capabilities needed for the unified commerce strategy
- Overall engineering accountability for the Customer Domain and customer enabled systems
- Responsible for delivery and support of the platform
- Responsible for simplifying the complexity of current customer platforms and reducing the technical debt and optimal total cost of ownership
- Partner with peer leaders to accelerate and embed agile methodologies across the organization to increase customer-backed problem solving, to increase pace of solution delivery, to accelerate innovation and to enhance cross-functional collaboration
- Recruit, manage, and motivate a team of engineers to develop best-in-class solutions
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 10+ years’ experience in software engineering delivery (including 2+ in leadership role)
- Consistent track record of leadership, teamwork, and delivering high impact results
- Extensive experience building enterprise grade systems/applications supporting business priorities
- Experience with public cloud offerings is a plus
- Experience managing 15+ FTE team of internal and extended delivery resources
- Experience with Customer domain (i.e. Customer 360, Customer APIs, etc..) is a plus
- Ability to attract, motivate and retain world-class IT talent
- Strong fiscal prudence to maximize technology investments against critical business priorities across the enterprise
- Exceptional communication skills, team building and associate growth and development experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields, or equivalent experience
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs