Engineering Manager, Software - Recommendations
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading specialty distributor engaged in the distribution of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the head of engineering to architect the next generation Commerce platforms for GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a leadership role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
This is an engineering leadership role with responsibility for implementing the technology strategy and execution for GPC’s unified commerce platforms.
This individual must be a technologist & engineer at heart and be comfortable in understanding the technology direction and being hands on with the execution of the strategy. She/he must exhibit a deep understanding of modern technology stack and agile delivery models, demonstrated focus on customer experience, and must have a proven track record of modernizing legacy supply chain technologies at scale.
Close collaboration and alignment with a wide variety of both internal stakeholders and external vendors will be required. As such, exceptional abilities in building and maintaining strong working relationships and organizational savvy will be required. High level communication and presentation skills are required. Ability to attract, retain, and develop engineering talent will be critical.
- Partnering with the cross-functional GPC team, implement the strategy and roadmap for modernizing the personalization-Recommendations domain.
- Implement the technology platforms architecture and execute on roadmap to support build out the new commerce related capabilities needed for the unified commerce strategy
- Overall engineering accountability for the Item and product aggregated services
- Responsible for delivery and support of the platform
- Responsible for simplifying the complexity of current Recommendations platforms and reducing the technical debt and total cost of ownership
- Partner with peer leaders to accelerate and embed agile methodologies across the organization to increase customer-backed problem solving, to increase pace of solution delivery, to accelerate innovation and to enhance cross-functional collaboration
- Recruit, manage, and motivate a team of engineers and Engineering managers to develop best-in-class solutions
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- 8+ years’ experience in software engineering delivery (including 2+ years in leadership role)
- Consistent track record of leadership, teamwork, and delivering high impact results
- Extensive experience building enterprise grade systems/applications supporting business priorities
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to team members
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
- Partner with Analysts and Data Scientists on delivering reliable data that powers machine learning models for Personalized recommendations
- Must also have broad and deep technical understanding of the technologies in this field, including but not limited to
- Experience in search engines like Apache Solr or Elastic Search or Vector Search.
- Experience in Retail Knowledge Graph.
- Data engineering for large-scale machine learning on Cloud preferably google cloud- BigQuery, BigTable, GCS, Dataflow, Dataproc (Spark)
- Experience in designing and running A/B Tests and analyze the Key metrics
- Experience with programming languages- Java, JEE, Data structures.
- Modern System Architecture Patterns.
- Experience in designing event driven mechanisms, publish/subscribe models.
- Experience with cloud computing on at-least one of major providers (Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Azure).
- Experience working with modern SQL / noSQL Databases.
- Strong data management principles, around data architecture, modeling/design, data quality, security, data organization and operations.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community on jobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs