Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Senior Solution Architect for the Product MDM. Working with an exceptionally talented team, in this role, you will provide technology leadership across a multidisciplinary Product MDM Team.
The role will focus on designing and delivering high quality Product MDM Solutions, both as a leader of a multidisciplinary architecture team and as an individual contributor. This Architect will be responsible for delivering solution designs and documentation that conform to Product MDM best practices and satisfy business and technical requirements in a cost-effective manner.
This role will work closely with Solution Delivery and Business to ensure that solutions align with the business and technology roadmap/strategy. Additionally, the Senior Solution Architect will work closely with key departmental, management and project stakeholders across the organization. The ability to collaborate and work effectively with all levels of management and staff within the organization is a core competency.
Additional leadership and supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, training employees, planning, assigning, and reviewing the work of technical team members and timely communication to management regarding the quality and performance of team members.
- Design, develop, and implement Product Information Management (PIM) and catalog solutions to drive all omnichannel and other business needs.
- Lead design and architecture discussions.
- Lead problem solving workshops and produce innovative, efficient, and scalable solutions adhering to the best practices of software development.
- Provide subject-matter expertise regarding technology platforms across the enterprise to leverage company assets while adhering most effectively to architectural best practices and ensuring fully integrated solutions.
- Develop past, present, and future state architecture documentation for the solution architecture library
- Review and approve designs across multiple disciplines for both internal and vendor teams
- Initiate both group and one-on-one meetings with senior management to gain a clear understanding of business drivers and functional requirements
- Work with project and business analyst leads to develop and detailed technical requirements documentation.
- Work closely with project management to estimate and forecast resource needs, labor spend and project duration
- Provide operation support and oversight for application performance and stability.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies to evaluate existing environments, establish technology standards, and identify opportunities to add value to the organization.
- As needed, rapidly troubleshoot, and debug solutions and recommend fixes.
- Provide technical leadership, clarity, and direction for on-site, offshore and vendor teams.
- Leverage expertise in Autocare ACES and PIES data exchange standards to enable GPC to receive and publish catalog data conforming to Industry standards.
- Mentor colleagues in STEP Implementation activities and best practices.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 10+ years in information technology.
- 5+ years in a senior-level Product MDM architect/developer role architecting/developing large enterprise product master data management solutions on the STIBO STEP platform.
- Successful track record of designing and supporting Product MDM Solutions.
- Subject-matter expertise in the areas of solution & technology research, cost analysis, risk identification, implementation strategies.
- Experience collaborating with departmental leadership to establish, communicate and maintain technology standards.
- Extensive Product MDM experience with demonstrable accomplishments in STEP Platform upgrades, data modeling, Web-UI development, and data migration.
- Strong Product MDM hands-on architecture, design, and development skills in STEP.
- Full-cycle implementation of Stibo Systems STEP Product MDM in a leadership role.
- Automotive domain understanding and familiarity of Autocare Industry standards like ACES and PIES is a plus.
- Self-managing, able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Robust understanding of data structures and data modeling.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Goal-oriented attitude and demeanor to work through roadblocks and bring about resolution.
- Successful track record of managing both onshore and offshore vendor relationships to ensure that SLAs are met.
- Experience on one of the Cloud Platform is a plus.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist