Distinguished Engineer- Selling Systems
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity, and innovation. After all, building on our legacy will depend on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as the Distinguished Engineer in Supply Chain designing, creating, and building innovative solutions at GPC. Working with a highly talented team, you will play a key role to build and run one of the world’s largest automotive and industrial replacement parts operations.
Distinguished Engineers are deep technical experts and thought leaders in one or more industry areas. They represent the senior technical leadership within the company and have a track record in delivering solutions that apply the very best engineering practices. As a Distinguished Engineer, you will shape the future direction of the company by championing opportunities to improve the wider landscape. In collaborating with other senior leaders, partners and vendors you will influence the wider technology roadmap. Along the way you will mentor, grow and develop others to build upon your success.
- Develop architecture and systems that meet customer needs
- Ability to coach, mentor and pair with other domain experts and team members
- Provide an escalation point for teams facing extremely complex technical challenges
- Lead through connected conversations and create a wide sphere of influence
- Other duties as assigned
- GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
- We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- 12 years of experience in software engineering
- Industry recognition or significant expertise within the Store / Point of Sale space
- Mastery of vision, problem solving, innovation and distilling simple actionable solutions
- Experience with package software solutions and/or building custom solutions in the following areas: Point of Sale & Store Back Office (Analytics, Receiving, Inventory Mgmt., Warehouse Operations, Supply Chain & Ordering, Employee Mgmt. and Accounting).
- Experience building microservices
- Experience breaking down Monolithic architectures into microservices via Domain Driven Design
- Experience developing on cloud platforms such as GCP (Preferred), AWS, and Azure
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Must be flexible, be able to change priorities quickly, and handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Individual must be a self-starter and capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Capable of learning new tools and technologies.
- Capable of leading a team, working independently and or being a part of a team
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs