Claims Specialist II
We're an organization of IT specialists, developers, salespeople, retail specialists, supply chain professionals, drivers and more. What binds us together is our passion for providing superior service to our clients, customers and teammates. Discover why GPC is the right place for you and your career.
What makes a successful employee at Corporate Headquarters? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team player
I would say this is the first job where I've felt cared about as a person and not an asset. I love the people and what I do.Beau Mitchell GPC Accounts Receivable Specialist - Cash Apps
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
This position is part of the Risk Mgt/Insurance function within the Finance Department and reports to the Director of Risk Management. The Claims Specialist is responsible for familiarizing themselves with the various loss exposures of the company, reviewing/evaluating claims as they are incurred and taking the appropriate steps to ensure a quick and proper resolution of those claims. Activities would involve assisting the field with claims intake, facilitating the flow of information between the field and the company’s various TPAs, helping identify return to work opportunities, communicating challenges and outcomes to management, etc.
The specialist will utilize the Risk Management Information System to track and help manage claims for the most common lines incurred by the company; Workers Compensation, Auto Liability and General Liability and may also be asked to become involved with Property claims as needed. They will help to manage the TPAs themselves by daily monitoring their activities and taking the appropriate steps to ensure the best claims-handling possible through periodic claim reviews and working with the HR representatives in the field.
This individual will help create and distribute meaningful loss reports to the businesses to help them identify areas for improvement. The Specialist will be asked to supply loss reports for insurance renewals and actuarial analysis as needed as well as work with the Safety management team to support their claims reporting needs.
The specialist will also monitor, advocate for, and assist with the use of loss mitigation tools available through the TPA such as the post-injury nurse hotline, the claims concierge service, and nurse case management as needed. They will also help to develop programs such as RTW and early claims reporting. They will be the primary relationship holder for reach of the TPAs and will help to negotiate those fees and contracts.
Will interact with claims adjusters, internal managers and both inside and outside counsel to help arrive at optimal claim outcomes, balancing the needs of employees, third parties, and the company.
The position will help implement a new Risk Management Information System (RMIS) for the company and may serve as a consultant regarding bet practices in general regarding claims incurred both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Generate claims reports to the field, help to boil down and motivate
- Assist management and employees with reporting claims
- Watch progress on claims to assure optimal outcomes
- Assist employees and company management to navigate their claims, get to the correct physician, provide the right documentation, etc.
- May help gather claims data for insurance renewals
- Highly effective communicator
- Assertive but capable of inspiring cooperation and compromise as needed
- Broad understanding of Workers Comp claims across multiple states
- Comfortable working with claims reporting tools
- Strong interest in legal principles and theories of liability
- Efficient and organized, with an eye for detail
- Self-starter; driven to improve processes
- Comfortable managing multiple priorities simultaneously; flexible
- Able to work independently and follow tasks through to completion
- Minimum five years’ experience working with WC claims
- Some experience working with other types of liability claims (auto or general liability) preferred
- Comfortable with claims and reporting software
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, interest in creating meaningful graphs, charts preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with a RMIS or claims management software highly preferred
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Atlanta, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs