Autotech Automotive Instructor
Kansas City, Kansas
If you love cars, trucks, and their parts, are knowledgeable and have experience delivering training, we have an opportunity for you to join the most recognized brand in the automotive aftermarket. NAPA is known for our Know How, what’s yours?
Do you love cars, trucks and all things automotive aftermarket? Do adult learning programs and facilitating training get you excited each day? If this sounds like you, we are looking for a dynamic Autotech Technical Trainer to join our training team! NAPA Auto Parts proudly supports many of our Major Account partnerships by providing top-of-the line Autotech training. Our Autotech Trainers deliver training to AutoCare and Major Account shop employees to increase automotive diagnostic skills and decrease comebacks and parts returns, which in turn increases sales of NAPA parts and equipment.
This awesome role plays a major part on our Autotech Training team and reports to a very supportive Regional Training Manager
This Role may be for you if you:
- Know the importance of connecting with your training audience
- Embrace and have put into practice adult learning programs
- Are enthusiastic about training and presenting to others
- Successfully develop effective partnerships with major accounts and shop employees, and collaborate well with internal training teams on effective training
- Have been a go-to resource/creative mind for training teams for all things automotive training
Major ‘parts’ of this awesome role (what you’ll be doing):
- Continually develops knowledge and skills needed to be an effective automotive/truck instructor by studying available information, attending train-the-trainer sessions, doing hands-on work, taking appropriate online or live classes, involvement in automotive, truck and / or training-related groups, etc.
- Prepares extensively for classes and provides outstanding delivery, professional interaction with students, and subject matter presentations using adult learning principles
- Develops training schedules with management and the NAPA Training Service Center. Speaks with division and national departments to determine needs, designs schedules to meet those needs, and adjusts, as necessary
- Partners with division management to implement, pilot, and facilitate NAPA Autotech training programs
- Participates and assists in initial course/curriculum development, delivers to test group, solicits feedback on changes needed, and adjusts content and delivery accordingly
- Ensures course content integrity while allowing for freedom to enhance the learner's experience based on instructor's style
- Works closely with internal and external customers to determine training needs and plan training events to meet those needs
- Communicates feedback regarding training events, process, and materials to Training management, course designers, and customers as needed
- Participates in planning processes (e.g., needs assessment, course development, and delivery)
- Assists with marketing training events to maximize participation including getting to know DC/store personnel in assigned markets. Assists in marketing training offering / services, initiating engagement and follow-up with targeted audience, and provide any feedback received to NAPA Autotech management
- Makes training presentations at marketing and owners' conferences, Team NAPA meetings, DC sales meetings, and other NAPA events as required
- Corresponds with management about training activities, test results, and evaluations
- Identifies areas of improvement, suggests training courses to correct, and follows up with customer evaluations to determine success of programs
- Maintains course integrity as designed with some freedom to enhance the learner's experience based on learner's needs and instructor's style
- Advocates proper selection and qualification of participants by reinforcing appropriateness for the audience. Accomplishes this by ensuring any required prerequisites and/or pre-seminar material is communicated and sent to participants
- Ensures an effective learning environment for participants including having proper meeting room setup, automotive equipment, and ordering materials
- Advocates NAPA, the NAPA organization, programs, parts and tools and equipment.
- Prepares and ensures administrative aspects of training are completed in a timely manner such as participant roster, evaluations, tests, class booklets, handouts, forms, expense reports, A/V equipment, etc.
- Responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management
Skills/background you will need to bring to this role:
- ASE Master Technician Certification required. *no wiggle room on this one, we really need you to have this
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a working automotive technician - independent repair shop or an OE dealership would be great
- Prior automotive, truck or related training, facilitation, and meeting direction experience
- Prior experience (2+ years) successfully conducting adult learning programs
- High School Diploma, or equivalent experience, required
- Possesses excellent communication, facilitation, and human relations skills
- Possess high character, team orientation/fairness, excellent organizational skills and accurate and timely reporting
- Minimum 70% travel required
- Ability to stand and talk for 4+ hours at a time with occasional breaks
- Heavy physical activities may be required (e.g.: lifting training props weighing up to 70 lbs. including cases with parts or tools, using lifting/moving tools to assist with heavier items – daily)
- Maintains and protects assigned equipment, vehicle, computers, credit cards and other assets
And if you have these skills, even better:
- NAPA product line knowledge is a plus (not a deal-breaker if you don’t)
What’s in it for you “The perks” (we know you want to know this):
- Remote work
- Company vehicle
- Cell-phone stipend
- Great total benefits package!
- Company Culture of direct access to leadership team
- Awesome people and brand to work with
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- A Culture of promotion from within, using your creativity, finding solutions/fixes, and where no 2 days or career paths are the same!
- Great training, and ongoing development with support from multiple leaders/your team
- Pay Range $77,000 per year *Starting pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, location, position offered or previous experience.
If this role sounds like a fit, please take the time to complete our super quick and easy application. We are excited and humbled that you are considering NAPA as hopefully your future employer.
Please apply if you think this is a great fit for you and we will be in touch! If you decide that this role is not for you, please check out some of our other great careers by visiting jobs.genpt.com
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Kansas City, Kansas.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs