HR Assistant (Field)
We're an organization of IT specialists, developers, salespeople, retail specialists, supply chain professionals, drivers and more. What binds us together is our passion for providing superior service to our clients, customers and teammates. Discover why GPC is the right place for you and your career.
What makes a successful employee at Corporate Headquarters? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
NAPA is a Parts Store and so much more! We are driven to have the BEST people on our team to get the right parts to the right place at the right time!
Are you looking to make a huge impact with a fast paced and dynamic HR department? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you as a Human Resources Assistant! This is the perfect opportunity for you if you:
- Enjoy being the go-to person for just about everything when it comes to daily operations of an HR department and having the answers
- Enjoy everything payroll related including salary payments and adjustments
- Understand and enjoy recruitment processes and maintaining employee data records
- Are totally customer centric when it comes to providing effective HR support
A day in the life
- Provide full comprehensive Human Resources support for the HR department and other departments as needed (employee data, leave management, filing employee relations documentation, meeting notes, internal/external written correspondence, filing, creating reports)
- Prepare documentation for New Hires including new hire orientation class training and paperwork
- Recruit - Posts open jobs, screens applications, arranges interviews, participates in selection process, and administers pre-employment tests
- Coordinate volunteer and staff training events or programs and recommends resources
What you'll need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 4 years + of general office / clerical experience
- Super savvy - Microsoft Office Suite
- Entirely customer-centric (internal/external)
- Knowledge of recruitment process, payroll and employee relations
- Competency to create accurate reports and data
- Able to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets.
And if you have this, even better:
- 1+ years in Human Resources and Recruiting
- 1+ years of experience with Kronos and PeopleSoft preferred
- Able to navigate popular social media recruiting platforms
- Tech savviness. You have the strong ability to navigate through various software programs and social media platforms.
Why NAPA may be the right place for you:
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a family feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
If this role sounds like a fit, please take the time to complete our super quick and easy application. We are excited and humbled that you are considering NAPA as hopefully your future employer.
Please apply if you think this is a great fit for you and we will be in touch! If you decide that this role is not for you, please check out some of our other great careers by visiting jobs.genpt.com
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
I would say this is the first job where I've felt cared about as a person and not an asset. I love the people and what I do.Beau Mitchell GPC Accounts Receivable Specialist - Cash Apps
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Anchorage, Alaska.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs