Industry Segment Specialist
Under limited supervision, the Industry Segment Specialist develops proposals and assesses customer needs in order to recommend appropriate products and services for their assigned segment of responsibility. May customize product in order to meet client requirements. Provides technical support to Motion branches as well as clients pre/post sale of the product and troubleshoots technical problems. Visits branches and clients in order to present/educate about technical products/services. Has working technical knowledge of all phases of the assigned industry.
- Prepares and conducts technical sales briefings for customer and company representatives.
- Researches customer technical specifications and estimates the costs, resources, time, and technical requirements of modifying, configuring, and installing the product or solution.
- Leads post-sale product configuration and designs custom solutions in accordance with customer specifications.
- Diagnoses malfunctions of complex devices/equipment/systems and directs/oversees repair work.
- Conducts technical user training and product briefings with customers, vendors, and company representatives.
- Mentors lower level employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical field and more than seven (7) years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Requires the ability to walk, climb and work in the industry environments as needed.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: None required.
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
In compliance with pay transparency requirements, we are excited to share that the potential pay range for this position is $90,000 - $125,000 annually . If you are hired at Motion, your overall compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience which may result in total compensation outside of this range.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Anaheim, California.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs