As a EIS Industrial Engineering Co-Op, you’ll apply classroom knowledge to meaningful projects which have direct impact on productivity and our company’s bottom line. You will be challenged to conduct industrial engineering work in the analysis, planning and control of the supply planning processes. You will work with a cross-functional team, from marketing, to sales, supply chain and other supporting functions (e.g., finance and IT). By the end of your assignment, our mission is to have positively impacted your curriculum and career goals in preparation for life after college.
How you will impact EIS:
Apply your skills to increase efficiency, reliability and productivity in the EIS supply planning processes, from demand planning, new product development & SKU optimization, to supply planning and Executive S&OP Processes. In this role, heavy emphasis is placed on teamwork, process improvement and troubleshooting. You will be asked to use your analytical skills to analyze the problem and develop and implement potential solutions.
* Sophomore or junior level student in pursuit of Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering
* Ability to analyze process performance and develop goals to minimize process variances
* Strong mathematical skills to break down complex problems
* Technical aptitude with a hands-on mindset
* Understanding of the Lean process
* Strong aptitude in Six Sigma processes
* Ability to organize tasks and prioritize workload
* Strong attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Software proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point
* Have a good attitude about being part of a diversified, multi-cultural team environment
* Flexibility to travel: under 10%
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons