Genuine Parts Company (“GPC” or the “Company”), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the world’s leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada.
Specifically, this role will function as the Project Manager representing the NA Technology teams who will own the overall success of driving a unified integration of technology aspects of the newly acquired entity. This role will represent all technology subject matter experts during the integration planning and integration execution of NA acquisitions and will collaborate with the BU integration leader during planning and execution.
The role will function as a part of the Technology Program Management team focused on the successful integration of newly acquired companies by bring the appropriate teams together in a timely fashion to plan and execute for the seamless core IT technologies and services within GPC’s ecosystem while minimizing disrupting either the acquired or the acquirer’s business. This role will work with GPC’s skilled group of technology teams and professionals, business teams and coordinate with the acquired company team to ensure a smooth unification of products and services resulting in successfully contributing to achieving the Business Units objectives of the overall merger and acquisition.
- Drives the technology plan including gap analysis, scope, and timeline as a part of the overall M&A plan and provides regular progress reports
- Collaborate with BU stakeholders to identify integration budget requirements and gain approval where necessary
- Collaborates with GPC HQ M&A and North America Business Units (specifically US Auto CAMP) to drive a plan for integrating required infrastructure, Applications, Digital and security components
- Facilitates and gathers input from technology teams and participates/contributes toward the overall M&A goal of successful technology integration of people, process, and tools of acquiring entities into the GPC IT environment
- Facilitates and gathers input from technology teams and participates/contributes toward the overall M&A goal through this role seamless integration of technology components.
- Owns, tracks, and drives the M&A Technology Systems list and helps makes improvements and changes to the checklist to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Manage and resolve technology risks and issues that would potentially impact the M&A timelines and deliverables and escalates to BU Program leadership in a timely manner
- Contributes toward performing general IT PMO project support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field
- 2+ years of M&A experience preferred
- 3+ years of Project Management experience
- Change Management experience or similar experience of mobilizing and driving ownership and completion of tasks amongst the broader IT teams/individuals
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike
- Strong familiarity and experience with Information technology areas such as infrastructure, Applications, Networking and Security etc.
- Strong organizational, project management, analysis, and communication skills
- A strong candidate will have good business acumen, customer support focus and excellent problem resolution skills while managing multiple projects across BUs.
- A strong candidate will have deep knowledge of either Point of Sales systems or PeopleSoft
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.