USAG NAPA Balkamp has an immediate opening for a Sourcing Manager. Balkamp is looking for a high-energy results oriented manager to assume responsibility for sourcing and managing our worldwide shipping supply portfolio. Our Sourcing Manager is involved in all phases of sourcing requiring the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, create competitive environments, creatively negotiate, generate contracts and manage delivery of optimal solutions.
- Develop and manage a sourcing strategy for the product categories assigned.
- Actively manage all aspects of the supplier relationship as the primary relationship owner for Balkamp.
- Design, implement and execute Balkamp’s strategic sourcing initiatives, including supply market analysis, strategy development, management of requests for proposal, supplier negotiations, and supplier selection.
- Build organization’s competitive position through continuous improvement in cost, supplier value and quality.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and exploit emerging opportunities that benefit Balkamp.
- Conduct regular performance reviews with suppliers.
- Renegotiate, renew and discontinue supplier contracts.
- Review and approve a comprehensive list of suppliers for bid processes developed by analyzing the industry to understand trends and competitive positioning in order to ensure system activation of the best possible supply base.
- Develop a negotiation strategy that delivers against business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Take action to reduce costs that are focused on creating greater efficiencies, economies of scale or better quality resources.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- Sourcing, Purchasing experience is required.
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates healthy and productive influencing ability. Gains the respect and confidence of others. Builds constructive and effective relationships.
- Willingness to ask and honestly answer the tough questions.
- Fosters open communications and candid discussions.
- Ability to operate both at strategic and tactical level.
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to apply a long-term view while ensuring day-to-day delivery of results.
- Proactive, ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent self-discipline, works under limited supervision.
- Ability to influence and negotiate the optimal arrangement for Balkamp with external suppliers.
- Knowledge of the legal terminology and language related to supplier and/or vendor agreements and contracts.
- The ability to evaluate and ensure that supplier performance meets or exceeds defined performance standards and adheres to overall company policies and procedures
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.