The role of Sr. Manager of Sourcing is responsible for making the final decision on vendors, products and services while analyzing the purchasing selections. The Sr. Manager will be responsible for establishing policies and objectives for sourcing while managing our worldwide shipping supply portfolio. This position will manage all phases of sourcing, requiring the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, create competitive environments, creatively negotiate, generate contracts and manage delivery of optimal solutions.
- Manage plans and strategies for a business unit, department, or project to satisfy internal client
- Analyze and make recommendations or provide input to the determination of financial goals of a business unit or department
- Identify ways to reduce costs that are focused on creating greater efficiencies, economies of scale or better quality resources for a
- project team, department, or business unit
- Ensure integration and completion of work against expectations
- Determine priorities for one’s area of accountability to create clarity about focus and enable work to be completed efficiently
- Manage projects against set plan and objectives to ensure commitments are met by monitoring, assessing, and resolving variances in
- budget, timing or quality of work
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of
- supply, and exploit emerging opportunities that benefit the organization
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models
- Review and analyze the industry suppliers to understand trends and competitive positioning for the best possible supply base
- Develop a negotiation strategy that delivers against business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Oversee supplier relationship and contract management
- Provide product and service expertise to geographic associates to build network participation and expertise
o Other duties as assigned
- Five or more years in Product Sourcing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration strongly preferred or equivalent experience
- Negotiation skills a must
- Strong knowledge of demand and supplier trends
- Ability understand and draft moderate to complex, non-routine contractual documents and agreements
- Excellent presentation, leadership and management skill
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word), Internet search tools and
- web-site navigation
- Strong analytical, problem solving forecasting and financial modeling skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment while remaining organized
- Must be self-motivated and detail oriented
- Independent judgement is required to plan, prioritize, organize and accomplish diversified work objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent external and internal customer service skills
To perform this position successfully, the selected individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.