Establishes and maintains good relations with NAPA customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional delivery service in a safe and timely manner. Accounts for COD orders and maintain an accurate, detailed delivery log.
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Delivers parts from DC to store on regularly-scheduled and as-needed basis. Maintains delivery log and tracking system.
- Ensures security of company assets, vehicles, and merchandise.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by providing timely delivery, friendly service, and addressing any issues regarding product delivery.
- Maintains personal and vehicle appearance.
- Schedules and completes required training as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service.
- Be functionally literate and capable of understanding and recognizing part numbers and line codes to ensure proper selection and delivery of parts, including identifying sequences of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly.
- Have a well groomed, neat appearance, complying with NAPA policies on conduct and dress.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills in a professional manner.
- Enjoy working with people in a fast-paced setting be competitive yet have the ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Have a working knowledge of the part of the city(s) the Distribution Center services and be able to operate a vehicle equipped with a manual transmission (if required). Be able to work the hours as assigned by management.
- Able to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment using moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Able to bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Able to stand and walk for entire work shift.
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers (both visually and aurally) and remembering their sequence.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.