NAPA is a Parts Store and So much more! We are excited to offer this unique NAPA opportunity in our Integrated Business Solutions (IBS) Division – A NAPA Parts Store where you’d least expect it!
Did you know that some of NAPA’s biggest customers are Airlines, City & Government facilities and public schools? NAPA supplies many parts to these places that keep them moving and because we have been so successful at it, we are looking to grow this division even more! We already said that we are “so much more” and to prove it, we are looking for a special Talent to join our Integrated Business Solutions (IBS) Division as an Inventory & Parts Manager who will work on site at a NAPA IBS location.
What is NAPA Integrated Business Solutions (IBS):
We manage Parts so businesses don’t have to! The NAPA Integrated Business Solutions (IBS) program is a partnership with any company that needs on-site assistance running a highly efficient parts department within their business. In other words, “a Store inside a Store/Company” We partner with some exciting places: ground support maintenance stations for major airlines, government vehicle maintenance stations, utility companies, construction companies, car dealerships and more. NAPA provides parts management, supply chain expertise, fantastic customer care, that serve our customer’s efficiencies and bottom line when we step in to manage their parts departments. Check out this video to learn more about the dynamic division of NAPA IBS www.napa-ibs.com
The Inventory & Parts Manager will play a critical role in our partnership with one of four focus areas: Government, Transportation, Commercial, Dealership. This person will provide on-site parts management, procurement, and inventory, while managing people and processes. We are looking for someone who is passionate about providing non-stop customer service in this extremely important partnership. Keeping equipment running is a major part of these companies bottom line, so we need a high energy leader who will be able to not only nurture this vendor relationship, but also keep everything running smoothly and ensure that they have the right parts to the right place at the right time…on time!
This is the perfect opportunity for you if:
- You are focused on Customer Satisfaction, People Development, and Operational Excellence
- You have a background in automotive aftermarket, dealerships, parts, light/heavy duty equipment, diesel trucks, buses, ground support equipment
- You have experience in supply chain, parts procurement, and or logistics. Demonstrated leadership in the automotive after-market industry, preferably an automotive parts department, dealership, heavy duty and/or fleet establishment.
- You enjoy representing a dynamic and respected brand along with going out of your way to provide tremendous customer service!
- You love building and sustaining relationships with your team and outside vendors
- You enjoy coming up with better processes and being looked at for the go to person for answers to customer’s questions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing an outstanding and a very high level of customer service with our partner and customer
- Lead a team of 2 or more and constantly nurture relationship with NAPA and vendor
- Meets with the customer on a daily, weekly, monthly and year to date basis to identify needs, problems/concerns and to address them both quickly and effectively
- Work closely and communicate with NAPA and the Customer management team to develop strategies to ensure the overall value of the IBS program
- Ensure merchandise is received in a timely and accurate manner as well as put away in the stockroom in an appropriate manner
- Assumes responsibility for inventory management, protection, asset management and operational issues
- Responsible for returning non-NAPA excess inventory, and ensure bar coded inventory is placed in appropriate bins
- Work closely with the NAPA District office (District Manager and/or Area Manager) to ensure procurement card controls are in place and enforced
- Ensures overall cleanliness of the store, stock room and outside areas. Fully supports and implements all IBS NAPA programs, be they operational or marketing based
- Procure all material needed for equipment out of service due to parts availability and identify reasons for out of stock items
- Identify reason for stock out and resolve; escalate problem items and track for follow up
- Builds relationships, and negotiates, with non-NAPA vendors on pricing, inventory and service
- Conscientious approach to savings findings and forwarding findings to Management team
- Engage management to resolve material and other concerns and escalate problems when needed.
- Daily communication with vendors on material orders/status, and identifying additional vendors for new materials
- Provide updates (JDE/Oracle), reporting, and communicating this information to the field and supply chain
What you’ll need:
- Passion for customer care, relationship management, and going out of your way to take care of the customer
- Thrive in a super-fast paced environment
- Automotive Aftermarket/Light & Heavy Duty/Diesel/Aftermarket
- Parts procurement, sales, relationship management
- Experience with inventory protection, asset management and cataloging
- Demonstrated leadership in the automotive after-market service industry, fleet services, government contracts, dealerships, or retail establishments
- Possess personal drive, self-motivation and ability to not only identify issues, but finding immediate solutions for customer
- Capable of operating point-of-sale system, cataloging and customer fleet management software
- Possess analytical/problem solving skills and a non-stop drive for solving customer issues and coming up with solutions
- Passion for leading a team of 2 or more and comfort with delegating
- Welcome “being the go-to person”!
- High School Diploma, GED
And if you have this, even better (not a deal breaker if you don’t):
- Technical school, and/or college degree a plus
- Business Development
- Sales, Government Contracts
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Government Contracts
- Vendor Management
- ASE Certification(s)
- Supply Chain/Logistics background
What’s in it for you:
- Awesome people and brand
- Competitive Pay
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- A Culture of promotion from within, using your creativity, finding solutions/fixes, and where no 2 days or career paths are the same!
- Great training, and ongoing development with support from multiple leaders/your team
Day in the Life:
If this job sounds like a fit, please check out our NAPA IBS Career page to learn more from our IBS employees. Learn more about NAPA IBS – Videos and stories. We want you to have all the information that you need to make sure that this is a fit for you! Our hopes are that the videos and stories you read either excite you to apply or maybe not so much – Either way we appreciate you stopping by today!
Please apply if you think this is a great fit for you! We will reach out to you if we find that you are fit for us. If you decide that this role is not for you, please check out some of our other great careers by visiting NAPAautojobs.com
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.