The Sales Development Supervisor has day-to-day operational responsibility of the Sales Development Representatives on the team. The position is responsible for onboarding new team members and helping the Director drive execution of targeted sales plans for the team. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises team members and help answer any day-to-day related questions to help inspire goal achievement.
- Delivers a significant portion of the training content for new team members including conducting sales role-play sessions to ensure proper delivery of the sales scripts and handling common objections.
- Coaches and works with team members to helping convert sales quotes to order opportunities and ensure positive movement in the sales cycle.
- Recommends changes to sales techniques based on team sales best practices or has learned from various training sessions.
- Identifies operational issues and suggests possible improvements.
- Ensures team members understand and comply with all team objectives, performance standards, and policies.
- Answers questions regarding best practices or difficult calls from team members.
- Approves timecards for team members and handle other time off operational requests within the Kronos system.
- Ensures account updates are taking place in CRM and other related system tools.
- Monitors and evaluates rep performance, provides learning or coaching opportunities, and takes corrective action, if necessary.
- Effectively partners and works across branch and division teams to ensure strategic sales plans are achieved.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in training and helping to coach sales team members
- Strong sales experience in making proactive outbound calls with the capability of understanding customer pain points, product requirements, and identifying potential add on sales opportunities to helping sales associates succeed and achieve goals
- Reliable, organized, detailed, focused, along with demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with field sales teams
- Ability to inspire, encourage, and consistently motivate associates they work with
- Strong and professional communication skills; written, verbal, and presentation
- Proven business development success through effective use of core sales tools such as CRM, LinkedIn, and Microsoft Office (especially Outlook and Excel)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and efficiently manage time while achieving goals
- Proactive and possesses a strong sense of urgency for reaching sales goals
- Has Drive, Grit, and a Team Oriented “Play to Win” attitude
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to focus on continuous learning
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain strong working relationships
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.