Creates and implements sourcing strategy and guidelines in support of company retail development, specifically around procurement of shelving, fixtures, display cases, etc. for product display in stores. Works with store reset and new store development groups to coordinate procurement of supplies, scheduling of delivery, and installation as needed.
Position Performance Measures:
- Number of retail store resets completed on schedule
- Number of impact stores completed on schedule
Responsibilities: The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- Devises and employs sourcing strategies for retail store equipment. Identifies equipment needs, sources suppliers, develops methodology for evaluating supplier capabilities and prices, and selects vendors by ability to fulfill requirements. Negotiates with identified vendors to secure terms favorable to company and establishes service level agreements.
- Approves ordering of necessary goods and services to complete store resets and new construction. Ensures understanding of equipment needed, orders in sufficient quantity and lead-time, manages any issues to secure on-time delivery and manages payment of invoices for delivered products.
- Reviews existing contracts on a regular basis to determine if more favorable terms and/or prices can be obtained. Meets with vendors to discuss, revises contracts as necessary, and ensures contract terms are adhered to.
- Tracks and reports key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness. Monitors performance against agreed-to contract performance levels, addresses with vendor any shortcomings, and initiates remediation efforts if performance is unsatisfactory up to, and including, contract cancellation.
- Monitors current orders and prepares contingencies in the event of problems arising that would affect the delivery date.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- 1-3 years’ experience with procurement process with demonstrated ability to source from, negotiate with, monitor performance of, and order from multiple vendors.
- Bachelor degree in a business, supply chain field, or logistics, or equivalent experience, required.
- Displays knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market.
- Highly analytical, proactive, ability to resolve conflicts quickly and amicably, able to groom and develop future leaders in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, manage conflict, and resolve issues.
- Ability to negotiate and network within/without the company.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment.
- Travel required 20% of the time.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.