Ownership of strategic category direction aimed specifically at enhancing GPC’s sales, profit, inventory turns, and market position within the industry while upholding GPC’s high standards of ethics and integrity as a representative of the corporation.
Position Performance Measures:
- Grow Genuine Parts Company’s sales, profits and market share within the US Automotive Aftermarket
- Manage relationships with suppliers to both procure and present competitive programs to the market
- Create efficiencies with key internal and external stakeholders, while working across various APG departments to effectively develop procurement, sales and marketing programs
Responsibilities: The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- Develops and executes overall market strategies for specific product categories
- Coordinates with various departments and oversees all strategic initiatives for assigned product groups in relation to category management, product assortment, promotions and marketing, pricing, supply chain, sales, customer service and information technology
- Initiates and manages vendor relationships and negotiations for the sourcing of specific product categories
- Determines viability of potential vendors as it pertains to pricing, quality, service capabilities and financial stability
- Operates as a project manager for any vendor or program changes
- Research and analyze sales and profitability performance metrics
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- 1-3 years in Product Management (or equivalent experience), including contract negotiations, program management, data analysis and procurement activities required
- Managerial presentation and reporting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Ability to manage congruent and diverging projects
- Work performed in a typical office environment
- Travel up to 30% of the time
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.