Imagine not only being able to learn but then use your expertise to help our customers succeed and stay safely on the road! NAPA’s Automotive Counter Sales Trainee role is the ideal position for energetic people who have a passion for automotive parts, believe in taking care of the customer, and want to learn. As a Automotive Counter Sales Trainee, you will learn to deliver exceptional NAPA Know How service to our Wholesale customers and help Retail Customers with their auto parts questions, do-it-yourself projects and auto parts needs. Why NAPA? NAPA delivers quality experience not only to our customers but to our employees, in the form of career growth opportunities, great benefits including 401(k), and a parts discount!What we need from you: Customer focus and high energy in our fast-paced stores
- Ability to operate a cash register and navigating computer and paper catalog systems
- Passion for delivering customer care in a strong team environment
- NAPA’s ideal Automotive Counter Sales Trainee will have strong Know How and experience of all things automotive, and will bring a passion for delivering customer care to the job every day. Requirements include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated to train and learn. Ability to thrive and have fun in a busy, fast-paced retail environment.
- Minimum 18 years of age. Valid driver license AND/OR reliable transportation.
- Prior experience in the retail industry, preferably an automotive parts department, dealership, jobber or retail establishment.
- High school diploma or GED. Able to work retail hours including weekends and holidays.
- Able to process cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Capable of lifting and moving items of up to 45 pounds.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.