Motion Industries is seeking an experienced Payroll Administrator to work in the Corporate Office in Birmingham, AL. Our Payroll Staff are long tenured employees who are committed to providing the required data and processes to ensure accurate payroll for each employee. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Review and approve timecards, commissions, bonuses, State and Local payroll taxes, garnishments, and paid leave balances
- Request, review and coordinate changes to employees’ status made by others outside of the Department
- Review changes for completeness and accuracy
- Research any tax implications of employee changes, and request changes
- Calculate and review payments based on changes to employees such as final termination payments
- Run reports, export info to excel for completion and formatting
- Coordinate employee changes with changes in the Payroll system
- Verify and balance payments
- Help and train employees to use the Kronos and InMotion Commission systems
- Help employees understand their payments
- Keep employee information confidential
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, and 2 years of accounting education or experience
- Good Interpersonal written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of the company payment policies
- Ability to work as a team member and coordinate with others
- Reliable, organized, detailed, focused, and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask and manage time well
- Good working knowledge and experience is using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Required to work assigned office hours and be on time for work
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.