The Accounting Assistant will work with the Tax Department. This position supports multiple office locations and various departments within the company. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Review customer exemption certificates to ensure that they are complete and accurate and assist branches with questions.
- Prepare business licenses and other tax filings.
- Create and process AP vouchers for property taxes and business licenses.
- Copy, scan, mail and file tax documents.
- Enter data accurately in Excel worksheets to assist in the preparation of workpapers and schedules.
- Assist the Tax Department with pulling and reconciling data for audits from various operating systems and data sources.
- Assist the Tax Department with collecting, reviewing and organizing supporting documentation for tax audits.
- Process sales tax refund requests.
- Sort mail for the department.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Minimum of two-year Associates degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast pace environment and remain detail-oriented
- Excellent research and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong Microsoft Office and other computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to input data via 10 keypads at high level of proficiency and accuracy.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.