Sales Internships provide the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop though hands on experience to broaden sales, communication, and business acumen skills. This is a full-time, paid summer internship, typically ranging from 10-12 weeks. Throughout your internship, we provide continuous training and performance feedback to ensure you build the necessary skills to succeed. Additional career opportunities are usually available upon conclusion of a successful internship, including placement within our Sales Development Program.
- Directly work with the sales team and sales leaders in developing new prospects and following through with an entire sales cycle.
- Collaborate with both sales and service teams to accomplish wins and create engagement.
- Develop your professional skills through on-the-job learning, technical training and leadership exposure.
- Develop the ability to build relationships with customers at varying levels of seniority.
- Develop an understanding of what each department does within the organization through cross functional meetings and information sessions.
- Develop industry knowledge through product training.
- Presents a report out presentation describing the internship experience.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong interest in sales, lead generation, or outbound calling.
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 Week summer program.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Desire to learn.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires an undergraduate student working towards a bachelor’s degree in their junior or senior year of study with an interest in a career in sales.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.