- Implement sales strategies to develop and grow the business.
- Serve retail customers in purchasing hydraulic hose parts or components through familiarity and knowledge of vendor’s products.
- Prepare work orders both manually and computer generated.
- Identify other items the customer may need.
- Use creative solutions to meet the customers’ needs.
- Partner with Outside Sales, Repair, Customer Service, Credit and all of HSC to meet customer needs and grow the business.
- Coordinate workflow and schedule time off.
- Provide necessary training and performance evaluation, make hiring and termination recommendations.
- Utilize and require friendly and professional customer service from all retail personnel.
- Set goals and measures for retail team, and maintain structure to provide continuous team growth.
- Evaluate and recommend inventory quantities and product variety to fulfill customer requests and requirements.
- Manage business to maximize business financials, prepare and utilize budgets.
- Follow and require all necessary processes to keep the facilities clean, neat and safe, inside and outside.
- Cut, fit and assemble hose and hose fittings and inspect or test completed assembly.
- Use a variety of hand tools (wrench, hammer, handsaw, pneumatic wrench, hand grinder, power drill, calipers) and shop equipment (hose crimp machine, reusable hose assembly equipment, hose test machine, hose cut off saw, grinder, forklift, hydraulic shop press, welder, acetylene torch, pressure washer, drill press, band saw, parts cleaner).
- High School/GED required. AA/BA, vocational, or technical training preferred.
- 1 to 3 years prior supervisory experience in industrial retail sales.
- Basic knowledge of fluid power and hose assembly experience.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Different hoses and thread configurations
- Basic hydraulic principles
- Apero Trax/RMA procedures and process
- DSI/DIN process
- Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.